St. Joseph Elementary School
- Serving Alameda and neighboring cities since 1881, St. Joseph Elementary School celebrates learning, loving, and living God's word as Jesus taught us.
- We are dedicated to educating the whole child: mind, body, and spirit.
- We nurture as diverse group of children with creativity and offer a challenging Catholic education with a rich variety of academic, spiritual, artistic, and social experiences.
- We are driven by the energy of effective collaboration. The faculty, parents, and parishioners join together as a supportive community to sustain a healthy learning environment for children in grades K through 8.
- St. Joseph Elementary School is dedicated to the total education of each student in a Catholic environment rich in the love and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- Our educational approach balances the spiritual, academic, physical, and social development of our students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||271 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alameda Grades: KG-8 | 277 students
1335 High St
Alameda, CA 94501
(510)521-0787 1.4 KG-8
- Berkeley Grades: K-6 | 83 students
2446 Mckinley Ave
Berkeley, CA 94703
(510)841-7248 6.8 K-6
- Oakland Grades: K-12 | 871 students
4315 Lincoln Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
(510)531-1300 4 K-12
- Emeryville Grades: K-2 | 13 students
5521 Doyle St
Emeryville, CA 94608
(510)601-1500 5.3 K-2
- Oakland Grades: K-8 | 314 students
360 42nd St
Oakland, CA 94609
(510)653-0317 4.6 K-8
June 20, 2018
You would think it would be easier to get your child into an elementary or primary school than into a prep school. But in fact it is almost as complicated.
June 07, 2018
If you have the chance to move overseas, don't worry about educating your children. You have several options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.