- Serving Alameda and neighboring cities since 1881, St. Joseph Elementary School celebrates learning, loving, and living God's word as Jesus taught us.
- We are dedicated to educating the whole child: mind, body, and spirit.
- We nurture as diverse group of children with creativity and offer a challenging Catholic education with a rich variety of academic, spiritual, artistic, and social experiences.
- We are driven by the energy of effective collaboration. The faculty, parents, and parishioners join together as a supportive community to sustain a healthy learning environment for children in grades K through 8.
- St. Joseph Elementary School is dedicated to the total education of each student in a Catholic environment rich in the love and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- Our educational approach balances the spiritual, academic, physical, and social development of our students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||271 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AlamedaGrades: K-8 | 145 students
1400 6th Street
Alameda, CA 94501
AlamedaGrades: KG-8 | 277 students
1335 High St
Alameda, CA 94501
BerkeleyGrades: K-6 | 83 students
2446 Mckinley Ave
Berkeley, CA 94703
OaklandGrades: K-8 | 306 students
360 42nd St
Oakland, CA 94609
BerkeleyGrades: K-8 | 88 students
2722 Benvenue Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.