St Joseph Elementary School
- Serving Alameda and neighboring cities since 1881, St. Joseph Elementary School celebrates learning, loving, and living God's word as Jesus taught us.
- We are dedicated to educating the whole child: mind, body, and spirit.
- We nurture as diverse group of children with creativity and offer a challenging Catholic education with a rich variety of academic, spiritual, artistic, and social experiences.
- We are driven by the energy of effective collaboration. The faculty, parents, and parishioners join together as a supportive community to sustain a healthy learning environment for children in grades K through 8.
- St. Joseph Elementary School is dedicated to the total education of each student in a Catholic environment rich in the love and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- Our educational approach balances the spiritual, academic, physical, and social development of our students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||268 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alameda Grades: PK-K | 62 students
2275 N Loop Rd
Alameda, CA 94502
(510)769-5437 2.6 PK-K
- Alameda Grades: PK-5 | 125 students
1421 High Street
Alameda, CA 94501
(510)865-4536 1.4 PK-5
- Berkeley Grades: K-8 | 101 students
2722 Benvenue Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)549-0605 6.6 K-8
- Berkeley Grades: K-6 | 82 students
2446 Mckinley Ave
Berkeley, CA 94703
(510)841-7248 6.8 K-6
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.