Saint Joseph Notre Dame High School
- Come explore Saint Joseph Notre Dame High School in Alameda, California, a school where students thrive as they focus on their futures.Students engage in a dynamic and comprehensive curriculum that prepares them well for continued success at the university level and beyond.
- They make lifelong friendships as active members of SJND's exciting sports teams, unique clubs and creative arts performances.
- Families benefit from our college counseling program; the Class of 2013 was offered $3.6 million in scholarships and awards.
- Defined by our Catholic values, SJND provides a welcoming and beautiful campus for students who are diverse in their talents, ethnicities and backgrounds.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/language-based or mild learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||423 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP English Comp, AP English Lit, AP Environmental Science, AP Government, AP Physics, AP Spanish, AP Studio Art, AP U.S. History, Honors Biology, Honors Chemistry, Honors English, Honors Spanish|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 31|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,200|
|Tuition Notes||The value of an SJND education can be seen in our students' college matriculation and scholarships. In 2013, 85 percent of graduates earned admission to a four-year college and received $3.6 million in college scholarships.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Julianne Guevara|
|Admissions Associate||Gabriela Lippi|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||42 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||American Sign Language, California Scholarship Federation, Campus Life Team, Campus Ministry, Chess, Concert/Pep Band, Environmental Awareness Club, Filipino American Student Organization, Fishing, Flight Crew Rally Club, Foodies (Cooking and baking), Gaming/CPU, Glee Club: Vocal Rush, Guitar Club, Harry Potter Club, Hiking Club, Hunger Games Club, Interact (Service), Italian Club (Gruppo Italiano), Junior Statesmen of America, Latino Club, Link Crew, Make (Crafting and building), Musical Theater Lovers, National Honor Society, Otake Anime Club, Peer Tutoring, Pep Band, Praise and Worship, Prisms literary magazine, Reflections Yearbook, SJND Theatre Company, Ski and Surf, Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica (Spanish Honor Society), Spirit Week, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Society, Sweet Spot (for afficianados of music from the Seventies), Table Tennis, teacher-led trips, Travel: International, Tri M Music Honor Society, Us's (Gay and straight student alliance)|
- At SJND, students, families and faculty share great excitement about the journey to college and beyond.
- Our personal and academic counseling team includes a full-time college admissions counselor, Dr. Angela Bailon. Dr. Bailon supports students in their college search and develops strong relationships with college admissions professionals to help students earn acceptance at their colleges of choice. Events throughout the school year enable students and families to be engaged in the college process from the beginning of high school. We also provide online college databases, one-on-one meetings with college representatives and evening informational seminars on campus for parents and students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berkeley Grades: 9-12 | 92 students
2727 College Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)841-8489 6.6 9-12
- Brighton Grades: K-10 | 43 students
820 S 5th Ave
Brighton, CO 80601
(303)659-1223 948.8 K-10
Nearby Homes for Sale
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.