St Mary's College High School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (510) 526-9242
- Saint Mary's College High School is a Catholic school where students are loved and educated by teachers and staff who are inspired by Saint John Baptist de La Salle and the tradition of the Brothers of the Christian Schools.
- Saint Mary's is a college preparatory high school that provides students with a quality Christian education.
- Faculty, staff, administration, and parents associate as zealous ministers in a faith-filled, educational community.
- Essentially, we at Saint Mary's seek to educate the whole person, promoting the intellectual, spiritual, physical, and social development of each student through rigorous academic and co-curricular programs.
- We recognize the dignity of each student in a caring, moral environment.
- We affirm the intellectual commitment and academic excellence, and we encourage students to assume personal responsibility for their education.
- We give special attention to raising an awareness of the poor and oppressed in our society, and to demonstrating this concern and sensitivity through Christian service.
- We believe students thrive in an atmosphere of mutual respect within an orderly and supportive environment.
- We expect students who come to Saint Mary's to give, to share, to contribute, to challenge, and to grow.
- As graduates they are expected to be young men and women who will be lifelong learners and responsible, moral, productive citizens, and active members of their communities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||627 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 2|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,200|
|Tuition Notes||The tuition covers the costs of tuition and fees.|
|Admissions Director||Lawrence Puck|
|Admissions Associate||Linda Yaris|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alameda Grades: 9-12 | 423 students
1011 Chestnut Street
Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 523-1526 8.2 9-12
- Berkeley Grades: 9-12 | 109 students
2727 College Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510) 841-8489 2.2 9-12
- Oakland Grades: 9-12 | 372 students
Oakland, CA 94618
(510) 652-0111 3.2 9-12
- Oakland Grades: K-12 | 877 students
4315 Lincoln Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
(510) 531-1300 6.7 K-12
As a parent who has had 1 at Saint Mary's and 1 a Bishop O''Dowd, I can honestly say Saint Mary's if by far a more caring place for ALL students replicating what a religious school should be guiding kids to greatness at every level, your child will feel a part of something as they connect with classmates and staff. A graduate of Saint Mary's leaves with kindness and love while receiving an excellent education, not selfishness.
- Posted by Parent - mycan
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?