- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 370 students
- Yearly Tuition: $55,980
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 9
- Source: Verified school update
The College Preparatory School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Applied Learning Programs, Asian American Association, Black Student Union, Chess Club, Community Action Team, Creative Writing Club, Feminist Union, Green Team, Jewish Club, Latin Club, LatinX Club, Mock Trial, Model UN, No Place for Hate Coalition, Peer Tutoring, Showing up for Racial Justice, South Asian Aliance, Speech and Debate
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance Program, Drama Production
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Sports, Ultimate Frisbee
- We value the individuality of our community members and our egalitarian school culture.
- We believe that high expectations, kindled curiosity, and dedicated effort encourages students to discern excellence and strive to do their best.
- We affirm that deep learning requires patience, creativity, reflection, and practice.
- We cultivate an awareness of self and others that is rooted in respect and empathy and emphasizes the importance of taking responsibility for one's impact and actions.
- We work in a collaborative environment that gives young people opportunities to take risks, express themselves, and appreciate the perspectives and gifts of others.
- We embrace the variety of backgrounds and life experiences within our community and recognize that the rich expression of diversity is essential to a meaningful education.
- We integrate work and play, helping students recognize the elements of a balanced life.
- We foster an understanding of interdependence and stewardship that starts with care for our open-air Oakland campus and extends to our greater community.
- We prepare students to make a positive difference, encouraging engagement in a full array of school activities, and service and learning opportunities in the broader world.
- We dedicate ourselves, as teachers and mentors, to our own ongoing development, modeling commitment to learning and growth.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The College Preparatory School cost?
What sports does The College Preparatory School offer?
What is The College Preparatory School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for The College Preparatory School?
Endorse The College Preparatory School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards