The College Preparatory School
- College Prep is a home for ideas, discovery, and engagement intellectual pursuits that our students treasure.
- Our academic offerings are buoyed by our warm culture and inspiring location adjacent to the city, nestled in a verdant valley campus in Oakland, California.
- Led by exceptional and caring teachers, mentors, and coaches, students explore and extend their abilities, test their ideas, question assumptions, grapple with moral issues, and acquire the skills to be positive and productive citizens.
The College Preparatory School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- SAT Score Highest average SAT score
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||364 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1492|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 9|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$46,000|
|Tuition Notes||$1,200-$1,500 annually in non-tuition costs such as books. laptop, and other fees.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$30,800|
|Admissions Director||Evie Koh|
|Admissions Associate||Jonathan Zucker|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- We value the individuality of our community members and our egalitarian school culture.
- We believe that high expectations, kindled curiosity, and dedicated effort encourages students to discern excellence and strive to do their best.
- We affirm that deep learning requires patience, creativity, reflection, and practice.
- We cultivate an awareness of self and others that is rooted in respect and empathy and emphasizes the importance of taking responsibility for one's impact and actions.
- We work in a collaborative environment that gives young people opportunities to take risks, express themselves, and appreciate the perspectives and gifts of others.
- We embrace the variety of backgrounds and life experiences within our community and recognize that the rich expression of diversity is essential to a meaningful education.
- We integrate work and play, helping students recognize the elements of a balanced life.
- We foster an understanding of interdependence and stewardship that starts with care for our open-air Oakland campus and extends to our greater community.
- We prepare students to make a positive difference, encouraging engagement in a full array of school activities, and service and learning opportunities in the broader world.
- We dedicate ourselves, as teachers and mentors, to our own ongoing development, modeling commitment to learning and growth.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Grades: K-12 | 876 students
4315 Lincoln Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
(510)531-1300 3.5 K-12
- Studio City Grades: 7-12 | 1593 students
3700 Coldwater Canyon Avenue
Studio City, CA 91604
(818)980-6692 334.7 7-12
- Oakland Grades: K-12 | 686 students
1 Hiller Dr
Oakland, CA 94618
(510)843-2512 0.5 K-12