- Bentley School is an independent coeducational college preparatory day school, grades K-12.
- Bentley School inspires inquiry, academic excellence, personal achievement, and character by engaging students' intellect and creativity, and by encouraging them to embrace values that enrich their community and the world.
- Honor, character, dignity, compassion, and ethical responsibility are fundamental ideals in our community and in our approach to teaching and learning.
- Our comprehensive and academically rigorous curriculum promotes a life long pursuit and love of learning; provides a range of challenging opportunities in academics, athletics and the arts; encourages balance in students' individual interests and goals.
- The support of intellectual inquiry is developed by encouraging students to explore their individual skills and talents and by provoking a willingness to articulate ideas and to engage critical thought.
- We provide an environment that allows students to take risks and to confront challenges in creative and individual ways.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||686 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||95 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Grades: K-12 | 876 students
4315 Lincoln Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
(510)531-1300 3.5 K-12
- Oakland Grades: K-5 | 109 students
40 Dulwich Rd
Oakland, CA 94618
(510)428-2606 0.9 K-5
- Oakland Grades: 9-12 | 364 students
Oakland, CA 94618
(510)652-4364 0.5 9-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.