- Bentley School is an independent coeducational college preparatory day school, grades K-12.
- Bentley School inspires inquiry, academic excellence, personal achievement, and character by engaging students' intellect and creativity, and by encouraging them to embrace values that enrich their community and the world.
- Honor, character, dignity, compassion, and ethical responsibility are fundamental ideals in our community and in our approach to teaching and learning.
- Our comprehensive and academically rigorous curriculum promotes a life long pursuit and love of learning; provides a range of challenging opportunities in academics, athletics and the arts; encourages balance in students' individual interests and goals.
- The support of intellectual inquiry is developed by encouraging students to explore their individual skills and talents and by provoking a willingness to articulate ideas and to engage critical thought.
- We provide an environment that allows students to take risks and to confront challenges in creative and individual ways.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||643 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||77 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- OaklandGrades: K-12 | 871 students
4315 Lincoln Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
- OaklandGrades: K-8 | 314 students
360 42nd St
Oakland, CA 94609
- OaklandGrades: K-8 | 410 students
3245 Sheffield Avenue
Oakland, CA 94602
- San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 445 students
755 Ocean Ave
San Francisco, CA 94112
- OaklandGrades: 9-12 | 365 students
Oakland, CA 94618