5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (510) 534-0800
- At Redwood Day, everything we do is designed to keep every child engaged and growing.
- Academically, that means a world-class curriculum and a focus on the individual.
- Socially and emotionally, that means teaching students to work through conflicts, respect each other`s differences, and honor their diverse community.
- With these hard and soft skills and the support of a strong community, our students have everything they need to grow into great. Redwood Day is located on 4 acres of land in the heart of Oakland. Our amazing teachers proudly educate close to 400 East Bay children on our beautiful campus.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||418 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 10 / Jan. 18 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$27,310|
|Tuition Notes||Grades 6-8: $29,740|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$15,000|
|Admissions Director||Katrina Lappin|
|Admissions Associate||Darlene Bell-Carson|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Football,
Soccer, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Diversity Club, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Drama Productions, Jazz Band, Rock Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Redwood Day seeks a diverse group of curious and creative students who are academically prepared for our program and will contribute to our dynamic, warm learning environment. In the admissions process, we require: -Application Form and Fee -Parent Question Responses -Middle School Student Statement (Grades 6-8) -Teacher Recommendation Form -Previous 2 years of report cards -Assessment and Visit at Redwood Day -ISEE (Grades 6-8)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Grades: K-12 | 686 students
1 Hiller Dr
Oakland, CA 94618
(510) 843-2512 3.8 K-12
- Oakland Grades: K-12 | 877 students
4315 Lincoln Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
(510) 531-1300 1.1 K-12
- Oakland Grades: K-8 | 392 students
116 Montecito Ave
Oakland, CA 94610
(510) 285-9600 2.3 K-8
- Oakland Grades: K-5 | 90 students
40 Dulwich Rd
Oakland, CA 94618
(510) 428-2606 3 K-5
I'm constantly impressed by the quality of education that my children receive at Redwood Day School. It's hard to give just a brief overview of the school but this is a school where there are strong academics, a beautiful facility, and dedicated faculty and staff. My students are encouraged to stretch and grow. Diversity and inclusion are also part of the fabric of what the school is and is trying to be.
- Posted by Parent - Current Parent
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?