Park Day School
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Students: 316 students
- Yearly Tuition: $27,500
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 13 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Since 1976, Park Day`s progressive approach to education hasembraced a vigorous curriculum within a joyful learningenvironment. Classes, lessons, and experiences at Park Dayemphasize creativity, exploration, and discovery. We value eachstudent`s ability to take risks, think critically, build lifelongfriendships, and contribute to the world around them.
- At Park Day School we educate students about social justice andhelp them understand their power to make positive change. Throughthe selection of literature, the study of history, and theexploration of scientific discoveries, underrepresented voices arehighlighted throughout the curriculum. Through this exposure, ParkDay students develop strong academic skills along with compassion,a sense of fairness, a commitment to activism, and globalawareness.
- Our graduates are community members who approach challengesfrom multiple perspectives and have the confidence to question,create and contribute when they venture into the world. While atschool, students thrive both in and out of the classroom,approaching a variety of academic challenges as designers, makersand analytic thinkers. They study and grow in our gardens,playground, sports field, neighborhood, and the wider Bay Area--participating in field work, and benefitting from an array ofcommunity partnerships throughout Oakland and NorthernCalifornia.
Endorse Park Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards