Aurora School Photo #2 - Aurora's small school community and low student/teacher ratio supports our attention to the individual child.
Aurora School Photo #3 - This third grade mathematician is thinking hard about how multiplication works as part of a lesson from our Bridges math curriculum. The curriculum focuses on developing students?' deep understandings of mathematical concepts, proficiency with key skills, and ability to solve complex and novel problems. Bridges blends direct instruction, structured investigation, and open exploration.
Aurora School Photo #4 - We want our students to learn from the richness of a diverse community that is filled with a multitude of perspectives and varied learning styles.
Aurora School Photo #5 - At Aurora we believe that play is an important part of childhood. Students have two scheduled recesses each day in addition to lots of opportunities to move their bodies throughout the day.
Aurora School Photo #6 - The science curriculum at Aurora is FOSS, a research-based, hands-on science curriculum for grades K-8 developed at the Lawrence Hall of Science, University of California, Berkeley. This second grade scientist is exploring magnetism and force.
- Aurora School`s mission is to nurture children`s love of learning by cultivating academic excellence, emotional intelligence and social engagement.
- Aurora is well known for it's progressive elementary education program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Individual assessments required|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||109 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,750|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lisa Piccione|
- At Aurora, we are fortunate to be able to focus on a stellar K-5 school experience for our students. All of our energy is invested in best practices for children in the elementary grades. Aurora students are encouraged to be engaged learners in a multi-age classroom environment that fosters the skills required for a lifetime of success. Our talented teachers provide a safe learning atmosphere that extends beyond the classroom to every aspect of the school. The result is that Aurora graduates have a strong and solid foundation for middle school and beyond.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Grades: K-12 | 686 students
1 Hiller Dr
Oakland, CA 94618
(510)843-2512 0.9 K-12
- Oakland Grades: K-12 | 876 students
4315 Lincoln Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
(510)531-1300 2.6 K-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.