Aurora's small school community and low student/teacher ratio supports our attention to the individual child.
This third grade mathematician is thinking hard about how multiplication works as part of a lesson from our Bridges math curriculum. The curriculum focuses on developing students?' deep understandings of mathematical concepts, proficiency with key skills, and ability to solve complex and novel problems. Bridges blends direct instruction, structured investigation, and open exploration.
We want our students to learn from the richness of a diverse community that is filled with a multitude of perspectives and varied learning styles.
At Aurora we believe that play is an important part of childhood. Students have two scheduled recesses each day in addition to lots of opportunities to move their bodies throughout the day.
The science curriculum at Aurora is FOSS, a research-based, hands-on science curriculum for grades K-8 developed at the Lawrence Hall of Science, University of California, Berkeley. This second grade scientist is exploring magnetism and force.
- Aurora School`s mission is to nurture children`s love of learning by cultivating academic excellence, emotional intelligence and social engagement.
- Aurora is well known for it's progressive elementary education program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Individual assessments required|
|Total Students||109 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,750|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lisa Piccione|
- At Aurora, we are fortunate to be able to focus on a stellar K-5 school experience for our students. All of our energy is invested in best practices for children in the elementary grades. Aurora students are encouraged to be engaged learners in a multi-age classroom environment that fosters the skills required for a lifetime of success. Our talented teachers provide a safe learning atmosphere that extends beyond the classroom to every aspect of the school. The result is that Aurora graduates have a strong and solid foundation for middle school and beyond.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- OaklandGrades: K-12 | 643 students
1 Hiller Dr
Oakland, CA 94618
- OaklandGrades: K-8 | 314 students
360 42nd St
Oakland, CA 94609
- OaklandGrades: K-12 | 871 students
4315 Lincoln Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
- OaklandGrades: PK-8 | 197 students
2101 Livingston St
Oakland, CA 94606
- OaklandGrades: K-8 | 410 students
3245 Sheffield Avenue
Oakland, CA 94602
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.