- Rising Star Montessori School provides a high quality educational program for children based on the philosophy and methods developed by Maria Montessori.
- In addition to our concern for the health and safety of the children, we emphasize a total education program.
- Our academic excellence thrives in a warm, nurturing environment that promotes the self-esteem of each individual child.
- We advocate global diversity by studying many cultures, embracing and respecting the people in our modern world.
- Our philosophy is based on the observations and writings of Dr. Maria Montessori who was a scientist, educator and the first woman to earn a medical degree in Italy.
- Our curriculum instructs children in language arts, math, the interrelated study of life and physical sciences, history, culture, geography, the arts, and practical life skills.
- We have integrated the Montessori methods and curriculum with traditional public and private school curricula.
- Our school employs current research and theories in child development and educational methods.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for tuition costs.|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BerkeleyGrades: K-8 | 88 students
2722 Benvenue Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
BerkeleyGrades: K-6 | 83 students
2446 Mckinley Ave
Berkeley, CA 94703
AlamedaGrades: PK-6 | 27 students
1400 6th Street
Alameda, CA 94501
OaklandGrades: PK-8 | 197 students
2101 Livingston St
Oakland, CA 94606
EmeryvilleGrades: K-2 | 13 students
5521 Doyle St
Emeryville, CA 94608
June 19, 2017
Is private school right for your child? Learn about the things you should consider and the unique benefits of a private school education.
June 19, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
June 07, 2017
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.