Rising Star Montessori
- Rising Star Montessori School provides a high quality educational program for children based on the philosophy and methods developed by Maria Montessori.
- In addition to our concern for the health and safety of the children, we emphasize a total education program.
- Our academic excellence thrives in a warm, nurturing environment that promotes the self-esteem of each individual child.
- We advocate global diversity by studying many cultures, embracing and respecting the people in our modern world. Our philosophy is based on the observations and writings of Dr. Maria Montessori who was a scientist, educator and the first woman to earn a medical degree in Italy.
- Our curriculum instructs children in language arts, math, the interrelated study of life and physical sciences, history, culture, geography, the arts, and practical life skills.
- We have integrated the Montessori methods and curriculum with traditional public and private school curricula.
- Our school employs current research and theories in child development and educational methods.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$314|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Weekly programs that are theme based.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,398|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for tuition costs.|
|Admissions Director||Sharon Djafaripour|
|Admissions Associate||Cassie Shephard|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berkeley Grades: K-8 | 105 students
2722 Benvenue Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)549-0605 7.2 K-8
- Berkeley Grades: NS-6 | 82 students
2446 Mckinley Ave
Berkeley, CA 94703
(510)841-7248 7.6 NS-6
- Alameda Grades: 1-12 | 65 students
1910 Central Ave
Alameda, CA 94501
(510)769-7100 1.4 1-12
- Alameda Grades: PK-8 | 56 students
1400 6th Street
Alameda, CA 94501
(510)521-0595 2.8 PK-8
- Alameda Grades: NS | 21 students
3171 Mecartney Rd
Alameda, CA 94502
(510)523-4080 1.5 NS
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.