Rising Star Montessori
- Rising Star Montessori School provides a high quality educational program for children based on the philosophy and methods developed by Maria Montessori.
- In addition to our concern for the health and safety of the children, we emphasize a total education program.
- Our academic excellence thrives in a warm, nurturing environment that promotes the self-esteem of each individual child.
- We advocate global diversity by studying many cultures, embracing and respecting the people in our modern world. Our philosophy is based on the observations and writings of Dr. Maria Montessori who was a scientist, educator and the first woman to earn a medical degree in Italy.
- Our curriculum instructs children in language arts, math, the interrelated study of life and physical sciences, history, culture, geography, the arts, and practical life skills.
- We have integrated the Montessori methods and curriculum with traditional public and private school curricula.
- Our school employs current research and theories in child development and educational methods.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for tuition costs.|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BerkeleyGrades: K-8 | 88 students
2722 Benvenue Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
- BerkeleyGrades: K-6 | 83 students
2446 Mckinley Ave
Berkeley, CA 94703
- OaklandGrades: PK-8 | 197 students
2101 Livingston St
Oakland, CA 94606
- BerkeleyGrades: NS-K | 54 students
2830 9th street
Berkeley, CA 94710
- AlamedaGrades: NS | 21 students
3171 Mecartney Rd
Alameda, CA 94502
February 03, 2018
After conducting a survey of the educational backgrounds of current U.S. senators we were able to draw some interesting conclusions. Keep reading to learn more.
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.