Rising Star Montessori
- Rising Star Montessori School provides a high quality educational program for children based on the philosophy and methods developed by Maria Montessori.
- In addition to our concern for the health and safety of the children, we emphasize a total education program.
- Our academic excellence thrives in a warm, nurturing environment that promotes the self-esteem of each individual child.
- We advocate global diversity by studying many cultures, embracing and respecting the people in our modern world. Our philosophy is based on the observations and writings of Dr. Maria Montessori who was a scientist, educator and the first woman to earn a medical degree in Italy.
- Our curriculum instructs children in language arts, math, the interrelated study of life and physical sciences, history, culture, geography, the arts, and practical life skills.
- We have integrated the Montessori methods and curriculum with traditional public and private school curricula.
- Our school employs current research and theories in child development and educational methods.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$314|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Weekly programs that are theme based.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,398|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for tuition costs.|
|Admissions Director||Sharon Djafaripour|
|Admissions Associate||Cassie Shephard|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berkeley Grades: K-8 | 105 students
2722 Benvenue Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)549-0605 7.2 K-8
- Berkeley Grades: NS-6 | 82 students
2446 Mckinley Ave
Berkeley, CA 94703
(510)841-7248 7.6 NS-6
- Alameda Grades: 1-12 | 65 students
1910 Central Ave
Alameda, CA 94501
(510)769-7100 1.4 1-12
- Alameda Grades: PK-8 | 56 students
1400 6th Street
Alameda, CA 94501
(510)521-0595 2.8 PK-8
- Alameda Grades: NS | 21 students
3171 Mecartney Rd
Alameda, CA 94502
(510)523-4080 1.5 NS
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.