La Cheim School
- La Cheim Schools' mission is to provide a safe, structured learning and therapeutic environment for students with educational, behavioral and emotional needs, affording an opportunity for academic, social and emotional growth.
- Our goals are to provide an education in a dynamic, structured instructional program; to promote physical health and mental health; to develop vocational instruction and direction; to promote social awareness and to introduce community resources; to establish a sense of community and foster self-esteem; to provide transition planning; to provide each student with academic, social, vocational, health and welfare counseling; and to promote, encourage and set examples of positive, life-giving and practical behavior patterns for students and their families.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-11|
|Total Students||19 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Antioch Grades: 1-12 | 92 students
2330 Country Hills Dr # 102
Antioch, CA 94509
(925)755-8635 2.8 1-12
- Berkeley Grades: 5
2855 Telegraph Ave. Suite 312
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)845-1321 26.7 5
- Concord Grades: 3-7 | 25 students
1026 Oak Grove Rd Ste A
Concord, CA 94518
(925)685-9703 13 3-7
- Fairfield Grades: K-12 | 21 students
5090 Central Way
Fairfield, CA 94534
(425)334-5409 689.9 K-12
- San Carlos Grades: K-8 | 41 students
1017 Ceder Street
San Carlos, CA 94070
(650)244-1519 42.9 K-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.