Esther B Clark School-childrens Health Council
- The Esther B. Clark School is a therapeutic day school for elementary, middle and high schools students who have strong scholastic potential but are burdened with significant emotional, and behavioral challenges.
- We now have 2 campuses, one in Palo Alto and now opening a new campus in the south bay at 2280 Kenwood Ave in San Jose.
- The Palo Alto Campus services children grades 2 - 10 with only up to 12 students in each of 7 classroom. The San Jose campus has a capacity to serve up to 30 full-day students grades 5 - 10 .
- Candidates for admission are typically referred by local school districts .
- Goal is to instill improved emotional self-regulation skills and self-managed functional behavior strategies so children can return and participate successfully in their community school setting.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-10|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild to Moderate Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||78 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$46,800|
|Tuition Notes||Primarily a non-public school accepting referrals from public school districts for children with primary emotional/behavioral disorders. Tuition does not include cost of support services, therapy and medication management services.Private Pay available.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Jessica Becker (Palo Alto)|
|Endowment Size||$28 million|
- The Esther B. Clark School students are typically referred through public school districts. Students accepted are provided with daily grade level core curriculum instruction with embedded accommodations by a credentialed special education teacher, 4 therapies a week delivered by a licensed therapist, and a weekly social thinking skills and executive function management class conducted by the classroom's embedded behaviorist. . The school wide positive behavior teaching and support program offers students indiviodualized incentives to promote their engagement. For children who have refused to go to school, EBC can provide in-home parent behavior support. Students can also supported through IEP supported intensive behavioral and/or academic instructional services, speech and language, and occupational therapy,. The school has a 1:3 inter-disciplinary staff to student ratio to assure. personalized care and support. Students typically attend 2- 3 years before returning to a moreacademically oriented school program.
- People that viewed Esther B Clark School-childrens Health Council also viewed these schools: Hope Technology School, Applied Scholastics Academy East Bay (Formerly GG Apple School), La Cheim School, Raskob Day School and Oak Hill School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palo Alto Grades: PK-12 | 108 students
2525 E Bayshore Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94303
(650)565-8391 3.3 PK-12
- Alameda Grades: PK-8 | 17 students
2050 Lincoln Avenue
Alameda, CA 94501
(510)748-0428 23.1 PK-8
- Berkeley Grades: 4-12 | 55 students
41 Bolivar Drive
Berkeley, CA 94710
(510)649-1177 30.2 4-12
- Oakland Grades: 2-8 | 63 students
3520 Mountain Blvd
Oakland, CA 94619
(510)436-1275 24.8 2-8
- San Anselmo Grades: 2-12 | 30 students
300 Sunny Hills Dr Bldg 6
San Anselmo, CA 94960
(415)457-7601 43 2-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.