Black Pine Circle School
5.00 (1 review)
- For 46 years, Black Pine Circle School has created lifelong learners through an inquiry-based education that places an equal emphasis on academics and the arts.
- Educationally, it is our goal to help create intellectually vibrant students who never lose their passion for learning.
- Socially, it is our goal to instill respect, compassion, and empathy among our students. Our caring and engaged teachers are dedicated to creating a supportive learning environment where the focus is on inspiring and nurturing curiosity, community, inquiry, and voice in our students.
- We believe in partnering with families as we get to know your child.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||330 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||77 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,925|
|Tuition Notes||K-5: $26,200; 6-8: $29,850|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Greta B. Wong|
|Admissions Associate||Liz Pulido|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art club, Chess club, Cooking club, Game club, Homework help / Study buddy club, Martial arts (judo, tae kwon do, karate, etc), Math club, Origami club, Science club, Student council / government, Technology club, Woodshop, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Advanced Orchestra, Band, Choir
- Our curriculum equally emphasizes science, math, and the arts. We actively engage our students in all aspects of culture and the arts, including music, art, drama, and foreign language. Here are some of our program highlights: * Inquiry-based instruction, emphasizing critical thinking and questioning * Enthusiastic, creative, and knowledgeable teachers * Small classes * K-8 classroom music and instrumental program (K-5 strings, orchestra, band, vocal ensembles) * Nationally recognized for math achievement * Hands-on science and gardening program * K-8 visual arts * K-8 technology integration * K-8 Spanish * 6-8 Mandarin * Renowned drama program and weekly student assemblies * Outdoor and environmental education program * Community service program * K-8 cross-grade activities * Student support team (pyschologist, counselor, and learning specialist) * Library
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berkeley Grades: K-8 | 105 students
2722 Benvenue Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)549-0605 2.3 K-8
- Berkeley Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510)665-8800 0.6 PK-8
- Berkeley Grades: K-5 | 96 students
1809 Bancroft Way
Berkeley, CA 94703
(510)883-6990 1.2 K-5
- Oakland Grades: K-12 | 686 students
1 Hiller Dr
Oakland, CA 94618
(510)843-2512 3.6 K-12
- Oakland Grades: K-12 | 876 students
4315 Lincoln Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
(510)531-1300 6.5 K-12
We are beyond thrilled to be at BPC Our children are absolutely thriving in an academically rich, engaging environment. There are a ton of programs, arts integration and the feeling here is all around, rock solid.
- Posted by Parent - sarak
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.