The Berkeley School
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 296 students
- Acceptance rate: 75%
- Average class size: 22 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Ashoka Kids, Student Government Association (1st-8th), We Day
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama (middle school), Studio Art
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Extended Care Program, Ultimate Frisbee Club
- Civic Engagement
- Project-Based Learning
- Inquiry-Based Learning
- Field Trips to promote experiential learning along with the academic curriculum on all levels
- Montessori Plus approach to pedagogy at the preschool
- Lucy Calkins Readers and Writers Workshop
- Bridges Math K-5; Connected Math + Algebra in Middle School
- Capstone Spanish and Science immersion trip to Costa Rica for all 8th graders
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of The Berkeley School?
The acceptance rate of The Berkeley School is 75%, which is lower than the national average of 84%. The Berkeley School's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in California with low acceptance rates.
What sports does The Berkeley School offer?
The Berkeley School offers 5 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Ultimate Frisbee and Volleyball.
What is The Berkeley School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for The Berkeley School?
The application deadline for The Berkeley School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse The Berkeley School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards