The mission of the School of the Madeleine is to inspire students to grow as educated and moral individuals, while empowering and supporting parents to fulfill their role as the primary moral educator.
The school expects students to develop into young adults who are academically and spiritually prepared to be responsible citizens and leaders in the twenty first century.
We believe the integration of religious community with a commitment to academic excellence will enable our students to live happy and healthy lives of faith.
We rely on parent involvement in the educational process and expect their endorsement of school policies and programs.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 297 students
- Yearly Tuition: $10,000
- Average class size: 36 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 8 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Of The Madeleine ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 51%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Jan. 8 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Parish families pay a reduced rate.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
MAD Band, Strings Lessons, Tap Dance
Arts and Music Programs:
MAD Band, Strings Lessons, Tap Dance
- Welcome!-and thank you for your interest in our amazing educational community!The School of the Madeleine is a 21stCentury Catholic elementary school with a vibrant Dominican tradition that has provided educational excellence within the Diocese of Oakland for over 75 years. And, we would love to serve your child and your family as part of our legacy.The mission of the School of the Madeleine is very simple, yet also very profound: it is to inspire our students to grow as educated, morally informed individuals.How do we do that The Madeleine provides a 21stCentury Catholic education defined by gospel values, marked by high academic standards, and enhanced by a commitment to social justice. We acknowledge the parents as primary educators of their children. With a firm dedication to the education of the whole child spirit, mind, and body we strive to embrace our cultural diversity and guide each student to the fulfillment of his or her unique potential.Our graduates demonstrate self-confidence, resilience, an ingrained love of learning, awe of God`s creation, and a desire to foster peace and justice in the world. It`s important tonote that our graduates place at the top 15% in the nation onstandardized tests and that over that last several years 100% of them have gained entrance into the high school of their choice, with over 50% placing into advanced honor courses.What do we mean by "21stCentury Catholic education" Our 21stCentury educational mindset is supported by our educational vision and instructional design.Oureducational vision is supported by classroomtechnology designed to enhance our students` ability to learn.Our Smart classrooms enlist interactive instructional tools for teachers (ie: short-throw projection, AppleTV, document reader and multiple computers) and mobile devices for students (all students get their own iPads).Additionally, classrooms are equipped with environmental enhancements such as sensor activated programmable lighting, blackout and opaque shading options, sliding whiteboards, tackable wall surfaces, mobile furniture and air-flow control to support the variety of learning styles and teaching pedagogies taking place throughout the day.Our 21stCentury educational mindset is also fostered by collaborative models for instruction and administration. With two teachers in every classroom in Kindergarten through 5thgrades, instructional teams in grades 6-8, and an administrative team comprised of the principal, vice-principal of faith development, vice principal of student life, and director of curriculum and professional learning, the School of the Madeleine is truly a collaborative model of authentic 21stCentury education. Instructional and administrative collaboration promotes and models student collaboration within the classroom. Collaboration is a vital skill necessary for success in the 21stCentury.At the Madeleine, by living our Mission every day, we actually empower and prepare our students for the future a future they will be called upon to create. Let us partner with you in providing that 21stCentury Catholic education for your child.God Bless!Sincerely,Ken Willers
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does School Of The Madeleine cost?
School Of The Madeleine's tuition is approximately $10,000 for private students.
What sports does School Of The Madeleine offer?
School Of The Madeleine offers 4 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is School Of The Madeleine's ranking?
School Of The Madeleine ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees, Largest student body and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for School Of The Madeleine?
The application deadline for School Of The Madeleine is Jan. 8 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 8 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse School Of The Madeleine. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.