St Joseph Elementary School
- St. Joseph Catholic School is a Christ-centered community of life-long learners.
- In accordance with the philosophy of Catholic School education and the Diocese of Oakland, the philosophy of St. Joseph School is based on teachings rooted in Catholic traditions and scriptures and is reflective of the Christian community at St. Joseph School.
- Catholic education strives to spread the Good News of God's all embracing love by the light of faith.
- St. Joseph School aspires to promote the Christian growth of each child as he/she develops spiritually, morally, intellectually, socially, culturally, and physically.
- The parents, as primary educators of the children's moral and religious development, are an integral part of the community life at St. Joseph School.
- Active parent involvement at the school is required. All families admitted to the school as active parishioners are expected to actively participate in the sacramental life of the parish.
- All other families are also encouraged to participate. Each child is valued and respected as a unique individual and as a member of God's family.
- The school faculty appreciates its special vocation as Christian educators.
- Aware of the diversity of God's gifts, they encourage the children to develop and enhance their unique talents.
- The academic program is taught in a Christian environment that fosters sound Catholic values and positive responses to the complexities of modern day society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||286 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed St Joseph Elementary School also viewed these schools: Prospect Sierra School, East Bay Waldorf School, St Catherine Of Siena School, St Patrick School and A Better Chance School/California Autism Foundation.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- El Cerrito Grades: K-8 | 474 students
960 Avis Drive/2060 Tapscott Ave.
El Cerrito, CA 94530
(510)236-5800 5.9 K-8
- El Sobrante Grades: PK-8 | 159 students
3800 Clark Road
El Sobrante, CA 94803
(510)222-3297 2.8 PK-8
- Martinez Grades: NS-8 | 209 students
604 Mellus St
Martinez, CA 94553
(925)228-4140 8.5 NS-8
- San Pablo Grades: K-12 | 34 students
4138 Lakeside Dr
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510)262-1500 2.4 K-12
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.