St. Joseph Catholic School has an excellent history of providing a challenging, value-centered education in a safe, loving, creative, and faith-filled environment.
St. Joseph Catholic School has a rich and diverse family community.
We have a caring, involved staff, that challenge the children academically, socially, creatively, physically and psychologically. We have made a commitment to empowering children and leading by example.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Enrollment: 357 students
- Yearly Tuition: $8,920
- Acceptance rate: 98%
- Average class size: 33 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 51%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
Band, Chess Club, Newspaper Club, Robotics Team
Band, Chess Club, Newspaper Club, Robotics Team
- The teachers and staff are dedicated to providing an equitable education of the "Whole Child" within a nurturing and faith-filled environment.
- Through blended and traditional learning, students learn from a variety of differentiated, educational methods and opportunities how to be creative problem solvers and critical thinkers with their minds, hearts and hands. Students at St. Joseph School are prepared with 21stCentury skills. Each student learns to be open to new and innovative ideas which is the foundation of the academic and educational excellence of each child.Students are also taught to serve one another. St. Joseph School finds it necessary to focus on the social/emotional development of each child.
- We consciously include enrichment classes as part of our program to complement academics for all students. Students in TK through 5th grades learn Spanish, Art, music, P.E , typing applications and the proper use of technology. Middle school students in 6th through 8th grades learn Spanish in preparation for high school, tech applications and coding, Art, P.E, and this year, we have introduced electives that students are rotated through each trimester. These classes include, artistic technique, drama, video production and cultural awareness discussion. I must point out that students still learn cursive and how to take Cornell notes!
- Students are also taught to serve one another. St. Joseph School finds it necessary to focus on the social/emotional development of each child. We believe it is important for students to build self-confidence and agency. Each student learns about and experiences service learning. It is important that we raise students of faith who recognize that they need to reach out to those who have less in our community. Student Council, Faith Families and Buddy Families are groups that represent and convey the importance of the individual in relationship to their classroom, school, and outside communities.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St. Joseph Elementary School cost?
St. Joseph Elementary School's tuition is approximately $8,920 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of St. Joseph Elementary School?
The acceptance rate of St. Joseph Elementary School is 98%, which is higher than the national average of 84%.
What sports does St. Joseph Elementary School offer?
St. Joseph Elementary School offers 4 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is St. Joseph Elementary School's ranking?
St. Joseph Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for: Largest student body.
When is the application deadline for St. Joseph Elementary School?
The application deadline for St. Joseph Elementary School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse St. Joseph Elementary School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Exploring Educational Savings Accounts: A Guide for Parents
This comprehensive article explores the different educational savings accounts available to parents for private K-12 education and tertiary education. It provides detailed explanations of each account, including the 529 College Savings Plan, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts, and Custodial Accounts. The article cites applicable legal authorities and emphasizes the importance of informed decision-making by consulting with legal and financial professionals.
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
October 30, 2023Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.