St. Joseph Elementary School
St. Joseph Catholic School has an excellent history of providing a challenging, value-centered education in a safe, loving, creative, and faith-filled environment.
St. Joseph Catholic School has a rich and diverse family community.
We have a caring, involved staff, that challenge the children academically, socially, creatively, physically and psychologically. We have made a commitment to empowering children and leading by example.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Students: 307 students
- Yearly Tuition: $8,400
- Acceptance rate: 98%
- Average class size: 33 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
- The teachers and staff are dedicated to providing an equitable education of the "Whole Child" within a nurturing and faith-filled environment.
- Through blended and traditional learning, students learn from a variety of differentiated, educational methods and opportunities how to be creative problem solvers and critical thinkers with their minds, hearts and hands. Students at St. Joseph School are prepared with 21st Century skills. Each student learns to be open to new and innovative ideas which is the foundation of the academic and educational excellence of each child. Students are also taught to serve one another. St. Joseph School finds it necessary to focus on the social/emotional development of each child.
- We consciously include enrichment classes as part of our program to complement academics for all students. Students in TK through 5th grades learn Spanish, Art, music, P.E , typing applications and the proper use of technology. Middle school students in 6th through 8th grades learn Spanish in preparation for high school, tech applications and coding, Art, P.E, and this year, we have introduced electives that students are rotated through each trimester. These classes include, artistic technique, drama, video production and cultural awareness discussion. I must point out that students still learn cursive and how to take Cornell notes!
- Students are also taught to serve one another. St. Joseph School finds it necessary to focus on the social/emotional development of each child. We believe it is important for students to build self-confidence and agency. Each student learns about and experiences service learning. It is important that we raise students of faith who recognize that they need to reach out to those who have less in our community. Student Council, Faith Families and Buddy Families are groups that represent and convey the importance of the individual in relationship to their classroom, school, and outside communities.
Profile last updated:
Endorse St. Joseph Elementary School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
5 Reasons Why You Might Change Schools
Here are five reasons why you might want to change schools.
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.