La Casita Bilingue Montessori School
- Our mission is to provide a unique bilingual learning environment based on the Montessori philosophy of education.
- La Casita guides the child to learn about different cultures in the world and the role that appreciation of diversity and cultures in the world and the role that appreciation of diversity and cultural understanding play in promoting world peace.
- Our environment also fosters fundamental habits, skills and approaches, which encourage a lifetime of creative learning.
- La Casita, like the Montessori philosophy itself, strives to explore its physical environmental and human community using it as a resource for learning as well as a receptacle for its work.
- La Casita employs cultural arts experiences through language, dance, cuisine and crafts.
- This curriculum is combined with the study of geography, history, mathematics and science.
- These subjects stimulate discovery and reflection and encourage the child's appreciation for the world and his/her place in it.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pinole Grades: 1-8 | 32 students
1937 San Pablo Avenue
Pinole, CA 94564
(510)964-7184 0.2 1-8
- Pinole Grades: K-8 | 286 students
1961 Plum St
Pinole, CA 94564
(510)724-0242 0.2 K-8
- El Sobrante Grades: 2-12 | 22 students
1060 Manor Rd
El Sobrante, CA 94803 1.7 2-12
- San Pablo Grades: K-12 | 37 students
16330 San Pablo Ave
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510)724-4494 1.8 K-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.