- At Diablo Valley School real life is the curriculum. Students at DVS learn Life's most valuable skills: self confidence, concentration, problem-solving, decision-making, academics, personal responsibility and respect for others.
- By making choices and learning to live with the consequences, students experience the challenges, responsibilities and freedoms of real life while in a caring and supportive environment.
- Staff at Diablo Valley School are successful, strong, knowledgeable and caring individuals who are dedicated to educating students to be independent, creative and capable adults.
- DVS is a school where play is serious work and serious projects are fun.
- Each person is responsible for deciding how to use their time all day, every day.
- Students are free to concentrate on what they choose for as long as they desire.
- All types of activities are equally valued. Activities vary with the natural flow of the curiosity that inspires them.
- DVS is a community where individual creativity and self-expression are encouraged and appreciated.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ConcordGrades: PK-8 | 144 students
4977 Concord Blvd
Concord, CA 94521
ConcordGrades: PK-8 | 276 students
4725 Evora Road
Concord, CA 94520
Pleasant HillGrades: K-12 | 148 students
796 Grayson Rd
Pleasant Hill, CA 94573
San RamonGrades: PK-8 | 400 students
One Annabel Lane
San Ramon, CA 94583
ConcordGrades: PK-K | 20 students
1850 Second Street
Concord, CA 94519
DVS is a Sudbury school that is ungraded, aged-mixed and democratically ran. An institute that understands that play is how we all learn best at any age. A place where staff love and care for all students and your child`s voice will be heard. I have two children at DVS and they both love it. They always want to go to school and dread when there is a school break or summer.
- Posted by Parent - DEO
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.