Diablo Valley School
5.00 (1 review)
- At Diablo Valley School real life is the curriculum. Students at DVS learn Life's most valuable skills: self confidence, concentration, problem-solving, decision-making, academics, personal responsibility and respect for others.
- By making choices and learning to live with the consequences, students experience the challenges, responsibilities and freedoms of real life while in a caring and supportive environment.
- Staff at Diablo Valley School are successful, strong, knowledgeable and caring individuals who are dedicated to educating students to be independent, creative and capable adults.
- DVS is a school where play is serious work and serious projects are fun.
- Each person is responsible for deciding how to use their time all day, every day.
- Students are free to concentrate on what they choose for as long as they desire.
- All types of activities are equally valued. Activities vary with the natural flow of the curiosity that inspires them.
- DVS is a community where individual creativity and self-expression are encouraged and appreciated.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ConcordGrades: PK-8 | 276 students
4725 Evora Road
Concord, CA 94520
- ConcordGrades: PK-8 | 122 students
4977 Concord Blvd
Concord, CA 94521
- Walnut CreekGrades: NS-8 | 393 students
975 N San Carlos Drive
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
- El SobranteGrades: PK-8 | 186 students
3800 Clark Road
El Sobrante, CA 94803
- ConcordGrades: UG | 64 students
1026 Oak Grove Rd Ste A
Concord, CA 94518
DVS is a Sudbury school that is ungraded, aged-mixed and democratically ran. An institute that understands that play is how we all learn best at any age. A place where staff love and care for all students and your child`s voice will be heard. I have two children at DVS and they both love it. They always want to go to school and dread when there is a school break or summer.
- Posted by Parent - DEO
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.