Diablo Valley School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (925) 676-2982
- At Diablo Valley School real life is the curriculum.
- Students at DVS learn Life's most valuable skills: self confidence, concentration, problem-solving, decision-making, academics, personal responsibility and respect for others.
- By making choices and learning to live with the consequences, students experience the challenges, responsibilities and freedoms of real life while in a caring and supportive environment.
- Staff at Diablo Valley School are successful, strong, knowledgeable and caring individuals who are dedicated to educating students to be independent, creative and capable adults.
- DVS is a school where play is serious work and serious projects are fun.
- Each person is responsible for deciding how to use their time all day, every day.
- Students are free to concentrate on what they choose for as long as they desire.
- All types of activities are equally valued. Activities vary with the natural flow of the curiosity that inspires them.
- DVS is a community where individual creativity and self-expression are encouraged and appreciated.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||43 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Concord Grades: PK-8 | 120 students
4977 Concord Blvd
Concord, CA 94521
(925) 798-3131 2.7 PK-8
- Concord Grades: 3-8 | 25 students
5353 Concord Blvd
Concord, CA 94521
(925) 687-7555 3.7 3-8
- Concord Grades: PK-K | 39 students
4976 Myrtle Drive
Concord, CA 94521
(925) 890-0630 2.9 PK-K
My son has attended this school for 11 years since he was 5 years old. He loves his school and the school community. The freedom he has had has afforded him to develop himself deeply on an emotional and social level, which he would have not had the opportunity to explore within a compulsory educational system. He is funny, whip-smart and articulate, and prepared to master his heart's desire. As a parent, I could not be more pleased with the education he is giving himself and the positive influence of the supportive community of staff and fellow age-mixed students in which he has thrived. Diablo Valley School is a democratically run school. The students and staff run the daily operations of the school and the systems for making and applying the school's laws. Students are free to direct their own education at all times from the age of 5 until they choose to graduate. Children are trusted to develop themselves into competent adults. And it works!!! I have watched the school graduate students for 11 years, and every year I am astonished by the preparedness and maturity of each graduate.
- Posted by Parent - NLT
DVS is a Sudbury school that is ungraded, aged-mixed and democratically ran. An institute that understands that play is how we all learn best at any age. A place where staff love and care for all students and your child`s voice will be heard. I have two children at DVS and they both love it. They always want to go to school and dread when there is a school break or summer.
- Posted by Parent - DEO
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.