The curriculum has the breadth and depth to prepare our students for college with course offerings that foster individuality, voice and personal growth.
With a 4 : 1 student to faculty ratio, our students come first. College preparatory classes include Latin, calculus, physics, anatomy, botany, advance art and more...
The Orion community works collaboratively to help students discover and develop their individual gifts and strengths, become self-advocates and realize their full potential.
Local and world travel broadens experiences, challenges skills and builds independence. Opportunities often culminate in experiences many of our student travelers have found to be transformative.
'Orion wasn't just about making the grades and doing well, it was about trying to find out who I was as a person.' Orion Graduate
Orion is a community of like-minded individuals who create relationships that can carry on into the future.
- Orion Academy provides a quality college-preparatory program for secondary students whose academic success is compromised by a neuro cognitive disability such as Asperger's syndrome, or NLD (Non-verbal Learning Disorder).
- Orion students are bright young people whose potential for success in the world is often unrealized as a result of their disorders.
- As a group, these students suffer profound difficulty with information processing and integration.
- This, coupled with significant social skill problems, often makes it impossible to function and succeed in existing high school programs.
- Without the necessary program modifications and social skill training, their future has been uncertain.
- Orion Academy offers these students an academic curriculum that is challenging and structured, rich in its academic offerings and uniquely tailored to the strengths and needs of our students.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Orion Academy also viewed these schools: A Better Chance School/California Autism Foundation.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San PabloGrades: K-12 | 34 students
4138 Lakeside Dr
San Pablo, CA 94806
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.