- Orion Academy provides a quality college-preparatory program for secondary students whose academic success is compromised by a neuro cognitive disability such as Asperger's syndrome, or NLD (Non-verbal Learning Disorder).
- Orion students are bright young people whose potential for success in the world is often unrealized as a result of their disorders.
- As a group, these students suffer profound difficulty with information processing and integration.
- This, coupled with significant social skill problems, often makes it impossible to function and succeed in existing high school programs.
- Without the necessary program modifications and social skill training, their future has been uncertain.
- Orion Academy offers these students an academic curriculum that is challenging and structured, rich in its academic offerings and uniquely tailored to the strengths and needs of our students.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed Orion Academy also viewed these schools: A Better Chance School/California Autism Foundation.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RichmondGrades: K-12 | 34 students
4138 Lakeside Dr
Richmond, CA 94806