Carondelet High School
Tel: (925) 768-0265
Carondelet is a four-year Catholic high school serving young women of Contra Costa County.
Since its founding in 1965, Carondelet has carried on a proud tradition of Christian community and academic excellence.
Students are offered a full college preparatory curriculum. Our focus is a single-sex, comprehensive educational program designed to prepare women for leadership and service.
On the junior and senior level, Carondelet and De La Salle, an adjacent Catholic boys' school, combine course offerings.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||803 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||30 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP English Lit & Composition, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP Govt & Politics, AP Physics-B, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Studio Art: Drawing, AP Studio Art: 2-D Design, AP Studio Art: 3-D Design, AP US History, Honors Alg 1, Honors Alg 2 w/Trig, Honors Bio, Honors Chem, Honors Concert Choir, Honors English 2, Honors French 4, Honors Geometry, Honors Physics, Honors Spanish 3|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,930|
|Tuition Notes||tuition cost includes $400 non-refundable deposit, books and uniform pieces additional|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,400|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Jessica Mix '99|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Donna Akridge|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water PoloBadminton, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Mission Statement
- Carondelet High School inspires excellence by preparing young women to live with heart, faith and courage in the Catholic tradition and spirit of the Sisters of St. Joseph.
- Vision Statement
- A Carondelet graduate is empowered by her Catholic, college-preparatory education and is known as a woman who responds to the needs of the times and makes a positive difference.
- Philosophy Statement
- As a shared endeavor with the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, the Carondelet High School community undertakes to enrich significantly the lives of young persons entrusted to them through education based on the following beliefs:
- We believe that education is a religious activity as stated in the Catholic tradition, and we seek to open students to a knowledge that they are children of God and bear responsibilities as members of the human community.
- We believe in the development within the school of a Christian community which enriches the lives of our students, promotes their spiritual growth, and fosters their concern for the global community.
- We believe in the pursuit of educational excellence, the encouragement of creativity, and the support of intellectual curiosity, inquiry, and integrity.
- We believe in the dignity of the individual, the value of diversity, and the need for reconciliation and mutual respect.
- We believe in an environment which nurtures personal well-being and healthy lifestyles.
- We believe that we are called to challenge our students to be good citizens, capable of leadership and responsive to the needs of others.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Danville Grades: 6-12 | 543 students
2100 Mt Diablo Scenic Blvd
Danville, CA 94506
(925) 837-5375 8.2 6-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.