Fusion Academy Walnut Creek
Fusion Academy Walnut Creek Photo #2 - In our mixed-media art studio students can discover their artistic passions or continue their love of creating art. We offer painting, drawing, graphic design, and many more different mediums for students to express themselves through art.
Fusion Academy Walnut Creek Photo #3 - Students get to be up close to everything in our science lab. In the one-to-one classroom students are always involved in experiments and have a hands-on approach to learning. We have college-level tools available and the world can be their classroom if they choose to venture out of the science lab.
Fusion Academy Walnut Creek Photo #4 - Students are able to complete their homework on campus in our Homework Cafe. Each campus has a quiet and social cafe where students can complete coursework and socialize with their peers. Fusion families love that students don't bring their homework home!
Fusion Academy Walnut Creek Photo #5 - One of our physical education offerings is yoga. Students work one-to-one with a teacher on yoga and mindfulness, which are both excellent ways to combat stress and re-center.
Fusion Academy Walnut Creek Photo #6 - With one-to-one classes, each student`s schedule is completely customized for them. If your child has extracurricular pursuits, or just works better in the afternoon, we`ll work with your family to create a schedule that works best.
Fusion Academy Walnut Creek Photo #7 - Teachers personalize course content based on student strengths, interests, and learning preferences. Subjects that were once a struggle for students become their favorites when taught in a way they understand.
Fusion Academy Walnut Creek Photo #8 - Students can attend Fusion full-time for middle and high school or enroll in one of our part-time options. We offer classes for credit, tutoring/mentoring, post-secondary counseling, summer programs, test prep, and more.
Fusion Academy Walnut Creek Photo #9 - Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) is the process of our students learning social-emotional skills. At Fusion Academy it is foundational to our approach. We design our programs to support their academic, social, and emotional development and we`re proud to say that our students receive support and guidance as they confront the complexities of social and emotional development.
Fusion Academy is an accredited private school for students in grades 6-12. The entire educational experience is personalized in our one-to-one classrooms for each student based on their strengths, interests, and learning preferences.
As the nation's most engaging educational experience, we can help your middle or high school student rediscover their love of learning. We offer rolling admissions and are ready to customize a schedule that works best for your student. Connect with us to learn more today!
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: 6-12
- Enrollment: 52 students
- Average class size: 1 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Mild Learning Differences
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 49%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Tuition is customized for each student based on the number of classes they take per term. Connect with us to learn more.
Summer Program Cost Notes
We offer multiple options during the summer including classes for credit, tutoring, and more, all at varying costs. Connect with us to learn more.
- Fusion Academy is a fully accredited private middle and high school with a completely personalized approach.
- Classes at Fusion are one-to-one: one student and one teacher per classroom. This allows our teachers to personalize course content for each student`s strengths, interests, and learning style.
- Students come to Fusion for many reasons, but all have one thing in common: they aren`t thriving in their current school and need a more personalized environment. Fusion`s one-to-one approach is great for students who are gifted and need accelerated options, have ADD or ADHD and need a focused environment, have extracurricular pursuits and need a more flexible schedule, or need extra support in the classroom.
- Students may attend Fusion full-time for middle or high school, or supplement their education with classes for credit, tutoring, or post-secondary/college counseling.
- On our campus, there are two Homework Cafe spaces: one quiet and one social. These spaces are not only for students to complete homework during their school day, but the Social Homework Cafe acts as the social hub of the campus. This is where student meetings occur, clubs meet, and more. The space is led by our Director of Homework Cafe who is responsible for planning social programming around Social Emotional Learning themes.
- We plan events like prom, graduation, field trips, and more so students get a full school experience in a personalized environment. Fusion students have been accepted to over 200 unique colleges and universities, as well as international programs, gap year experiences, and more. Whatever a student`s desired path, we work with them to achieve their goals.
- There is nothing like seeing and experiencing a Fusion campus for yourself. Connect with us to set up a personalized tour!
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Fusion Academy Walnut Creek offer a summer program?
Yes, Fusion Academy Walnut Creek offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
When is the application deadline for Fusion Academy Walnut Creek?
The application deadline for Fusion Academy Walnut Creek is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Fusion Academy Walnut Creek. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.