The Quarry Lane School
5.00 (1 review)
The Quarry Lane School Photo #2 - Our Dublin campus is the location for our Junior Kindergarten through twelfth grades. Features of our Dublin campus are: -10 acre campus -48 instructional classrooms -State-of-the-art science and computer lab -Lower school library and upper school research library -Multi-purpose room -Gymnasium -Outdoor playing field -Visual arts studio
The Quarry Lane School Photo #3 - What sets us apart from other educational institutions is our 3 progressive academic tracks: -The College preparatory track, which meets and exceeds UC admissions standards. -The Science, Engineering and Technology Track, where students learn and apply basic principles of science to engineer tomorrow's technology -The International Baccalaureate Diploma Track, the gold standard for top university admission.
The Quarry Lane School Photo #4 - The Quarry Lane School offers a comprehensive ESL program that provides a highly interactive academic environment where students learn to communicate clearly and comfortably while forging connections with local culture and community.
The Quarry Lane School Photo #5 - Students are exposed to a variety of elective courses embedded in to the curriculum expanding their overall academic experience: -Theater Arts -Dance -Applied Science & Engineering -Performing Arts, including an advanced Music program -Visual Arts -Robotics (both a club and a class). -Journalism (as an elective club)
The Quarry Lane School Photo #6 - The mission of The Quarry Lane School is to create an atmosphere which inspires a lifelong love of learning and nurtures each student to reach his or her fullest potential– emotionally, socially, academically, and physically, in order to assume responsibility as a future citizen of the world.
The Quarry Lane School Photo #7 - We have two Preschool campuses, located in Pleasanton. Our Pleasanton West campus is open for Preschool (ages 3-4) as well as Half and Full Day Pre-kindergarten (ages 4-5). Our Pleasanton East has Infant/Toddler Care (6 weeks-24 months), Young Preschool (ages 2-3), Preschool (ages 3-4), Half and Full Day Pre-kindergarten (ages 4-5) and Public Day Camp- including Before and After School.
- The Quarry Lane School is a private, Jr.K through 12 college preparatory school known for providing an academically rigorous, nurturing and supportive educational environment that prepares students for success in college and beyond.
- Small class sizes, individualized attention, an accelerated curriculum and a cutting-edge, experiential curriculum taught by highly qualified, subject-matter experts are hallmarks of a Quarry Lane education. Quarry Lane almuni have gone on to attend some of the nation's finest colleges and universities.
- The Quarry Lane School is the only private school in the East Bay Area to offer the prestigious International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||1031 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||126 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1480|
|Average ACT score||32|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Infant-PK varies Jr. K $17,750 Grades 1-5 $22,800 Grades 6-8 $25,650 Grades 9 and up $34,150|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Casey Johnston|
|Admissions Associate||Katie Specht|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBadminton, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Flag Football, Indoor Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Chess Club, Community Service Club, Fashion Design, Harvard Model Congress, Journalism, Leadership, Model UN, National Honor Society (NHS), Robotics, Speech and Debate, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Dance, Drama
- The Quarry Lane School was ranked among the top 1.5% of the best private high schools in the nation (source: Niche.com 2015 ranking) Voted Best of the Bay: Preschool, Elementary, Middle and High School by Bay Area Parent Magazine in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Danville Grades: 6-12 | 490 students
2100 Mt Diablo Scenic Blvd
Danville, CA 94506
(925)837-5375 10 6-12
- Atherton Grades: 6-12 | 795 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Atherton, CA 94027
(650)330-2000 24.6 6-12
- Burlingame Grades: 6-12 | 534 students
400 Uplands Drive
Burlingame, CA 94010
(650)342-4175 27.4 6-12
- Carpinteria Grades: 9-12 | 280 students
1960 Cate Mesa Road
Carpinteria, CA 93013
(805)684-4127 264.3 9-12
- Claremont Grades: 9-12 | 407 students
1175 West Baseline Road
Claremont, CA 91711
(909)482-5214 338.7 9-12
They do accept kids with behavior issues, no problem.
- Posted by Teacher - Howa3
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.