St Francis Of Assisi
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (925) 682-5414
- St. Francis of Assisi School, in collaboration with the Parish, is dedicated to providing a quality, faith-based Catholic education in a safe and nurturing environment for students in grades K-8.
- Our value-centered academic programs empower the students with the skills to be active Christians, life-long learners and responsible citizens.
- Every child deserves the opportunity to develop their intellect and God-given potential and talents to the fullest.
- Our mission is to guide each student toward the fulfillment of our spiritual and educational goals.
- We hope to enrich and deepen the gifts of faith and reason in each student by promoting love of God and neighbor, reverence for the sacred as well as knowledge of truth and academic skills, balanced self-esteem, self-discipline, respect for the human body and stewardship of the environment.
- As a Catholic school, we hope to influence students and families to be active in the areas of social and racial justice, freedom, responsibility, respect and peace.
- We will provide an environment which fosters a belief in the sacredness of God and of the human person as his creation living in a worldwide neighborhood.
- At St. Francis of Assisi, our goal is to create a learning environment that combines structure, creativity, service and enthusiasm for life-long learning of truth, honor, justice and excellence.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||280 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Concord Grades: PK-8 | 300 students
3886 Chestnut Ave
Concord, CA 94519
(925) 689-3990 2.5 PK-8
- Martinez Grades: PK-8 | 199 students
604 Mellus St
Martinez, CA 94553
(925) 228-4140 7.8 PK-8
- Walnut Creek Grades: PK-8 | 297 students
1158 Bont Ln
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
(925) 935-5054 3.8 PK-8
My two sons have flourished in the caring environment at St. Francis of Assisi School. They are thriving academically. As a parent I really appreciate the community environment. I feel like we are all focused on caring for our children and helping them have the best academic experience. The teachers we've had have all cared about their students and are focused on educating the whole child. We are so happy we chose this school!
- Posted by Parent - LesleyS
Both my daughters have attend SFA since kindergarten, and they have flourished both academically and socially. As a public school teacher, I appreciate SFA's education of the whole child: intellectual, spiritual, social, physical, and the arts. Under the leadership of Sister James, the school is loving, caring community providing support, discipline, and structure so that ALL children can succeed. Every one of my daughters'' teachers over the years have had nothing but the highest expectations for all their students'' achievement and performance which challenges all the children to do their best. All the resources every child needs to succeed are provided at SFA; no one is left out. The after school extended care program is a godsend, and very affordable. My daughters get most if not all of their homework done, plus have a great time playing with other SFA students of all ages. Compared to other private schools, SFA's tuition is very reasonable! Consequently, non-stop fundraising is the norm, but most of it is optional. However, parent participation is NOT optional, and as a result parents are involved in every aspect of the school operation, to the benefit of all the SFA community.
- Posted by Parent - iaeli
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.