Pacific Bay Christian School
Tel: (650) 355-1935
- At Pacific Bay Christian School we have the ambitious goal of educating students to lead lives of significance. While we are a college preparatory school and, therefore, academically rigorous, we also pay close atttention to our students' character formation in an inclusive, Christ-centered community. We strive to empower students to truly experience education and prepare them to engage in the important issues of our world with courage and curiosity.
- Pacific Bay Christian School is accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||322 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus A/B, AP Calculus B/C, AP Chemistry, AP Composition and Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP Language and Literature, AP United States History, Other AP by Distance Learning|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Blue/Khaki Uniform for K-8 through French Toast Uniforms. Black, White, Blue Uniform for High School through Dennis Uniform. )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / May. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,724|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten: $8885 1st-5th Grades: $10613 6th - 8th: $12448 High School: $15724|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Anna Valladares|
|Admissions Associate||Kathy Slyter|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Soccer,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Associated Student Body, Chess Club, Robotics Team, Speech and Debate
Arts and Music Programs:
Choral Music, Digital Media, Mixed Media, Theater
- PacBay's educational approach is captured by three words: play, passion, and purpose. Our innovative outdoor education program illustrates this approach by engaging all students in surfing, hiking, biking, and urban farming. This program aims to expand students' minds, strengthen their bodies, and deepen their understanding of how they relate and connect to their environment, to one another, and ultimately, to their Creator.
- As an academically rigorous, college preparatory school, all high school courses are UC-certified. We offer 14 AP classes and an ever-expanding list of electives. The senior thesis project, Senior Seminar: Justice is the capstone to a PacBay education and important preparation for college. Our graduates are accepted to some of the top colleges and universities around the country, and are represented across all the Universities of California campuses.
- Our 37-acre coastside campus is easily accessible from San Francisco and San Mateo county. Students come from 17 Bay area communities to attend. Transportation is available.
- People that viewed Pacific Bay Christian School also viewed these schools: The Hilldale School, Maranatha High School, Highlands Christian Schools, Good Shepherd Elementary School and Applied Scholastics Academy East Bay (Formerly GG Apple School).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Bruno Grades: NS-8 | 580 students
1900 Monterey Dr
San Bruno, CA 94066
(650) 873-4090 3.4 NS-8
- Pacifica Grades: K-8 | 149 students
909 Oceana Blvd
Pacifica, CA 94044
(650) 359-4544 3.6 K-8
- Alameda Grades: PK-8 | 17 students
2050 Lincoln Avenue
Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 748-0428 18.3 PK-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?