Wings Learning Center
- To create a dynamic and meaningful learning experience where children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) develop skills that support learning, an understanding of others, and an ability to become independent in all areas of their daily lives, and to serve as a professional resource for practitioners in the field of ASD by serving as a progressive educational model for all students with ASD.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- WLC recognizes the unique needs and learning differences of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Such recognition has inspired a group of dedicated parents and professionals to create a program unlike any other, a program in which the child is the greatest source of information about program direction. This acknowledgement of the child as a primary force in the educational process has led WLC to develop a program that includes methodologies and approaches that address the most compelling challenges children with ASD face. In the learning environment WLC provides, these challenges are creatively addressed through appropriate interventions and support that include: Innovative curriculum based on current research, effective practices, and student`s individual learning styles. A flexible application of educational and therapeutic strategies based on the child`s individual needs, abilities, and interests. Speech and Language Therapy. Occupational Therapy. Helping students learn to replace idiosyncratic routines and rituals with more socially meaningful interests and activities. Assisting students to become more flexible and adaptable during transitions across environments. WLC acknowledges the crucial contribution parents make in the lives of their children. WLC works collaboratively with parents in developing the annual IEP report and in the ongoing evaluation of each child`s academic and social progress. WLC also provides vital home support through home visits and frequent parent contact.
Profile last updated: 01/18/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San MateoGrades: K-12 | 102 students
515 E. Poplar Ave.
San Mateo, CA 94401
- Mountain ViewGrades: K-12 | 135 students
1200 Villa Street, Suite 100
Mountain View, CA 94041
- San CarlosGrades: PK-8 | 41 students
1017 Ceder Street
San Carlos, CA 94070
- San MateoGrades: K-8 | 243 students
1157 Chess Drive Ste 100
San Mateo, CA 94404
- San MateoGrades: 6-12
1840 Gateway Dr., Ste. 100
San Mateo, CA 94404
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.