Stanbridge Academy Photo #5 - Stanbridge offers a comprehensive school experience complete with a variety of electives--including woodworking, broadcast, and art--for high schoolers.
Stanbridge Academy Photo #6 - High school 11th and 12th graders kayak down the Russian River during one of their experiential learning trips. Experiential learning is integrated into the program through overnight and day trips as well as on-campus assemblies and activities. Each student takes two overnight trips a year.
Stanbridge Academy Photo #9 - An upper elementary student learns about physics using a wall-sized touch screen while on an experiential learning trip to Levi's Stadium.
- Stanbridge Academy is a caring, inclusive K-12 school for students with mild to moderate learning differences and social communication disorders.
- We use an individualized, whole student approach so that students thrive and develop their academic, social, and emotional capabilities to their fullest potential.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||http://www.stanbridgeacademy.org/our-students.html|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(K-8 dress code: Khakis and polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$41,800|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes special assemblies and speakers, overnight experiential trips and day field trips. All classroom supplies, textbooks and yearbooks are also included in this tuition amount. The school also provides counselors, a speech and language pathol|
|Admissions Director||Susan Coyne|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Swimming, VolleyballBadminton, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Swimming,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After School Program, Chess Club, Minecraft Club, Student Government, Yearbook Club, Yoga/Mindfulness
Arts and Music Programs:
Ceramics, Choir, DJ Club, Drama Productions, Rock Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dodgeball, Ping Pong/Table Tennis Team, Street Hockey Team, Swimming Lessons
Highlights of the Stanbridge Academy program:
- Stanbridge`s core focus is our academic program, which follows California curriculum standards. Our student-teacher ratio is generally 8:1, allowing for individualized and differentiated instruction. Stanbridge is WASC accredited, a member of NAIS, and a provisional member of CAIS.
- Experiential learning is integrated into the program through overnight and day trips as well as on-campus assemblies and activities.
- We provide a comprehensive school experience with electives, afterschool clubs, and sports teams that compete with other schools.
- Transition programs include mainstreaming to public/private schools, building life skills, preparing for college, and training for the workforce. We also have a post-secondary program for those students needing additional assistance after high school graduation.
- Tuition includes experiential trips, textbooks, and supples. The school also provides counselors, a speech and language pathologist and a resource specialist to support students as part of the school program.
- We serve students from across the Bay Area. To assist families with longer commutes, shuttle service is available from locations in San Francisco and San Jose. The school also operates shuttles from the San Mateo Caltrain station in the morning and back to the station after school.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Redwood City Grades: K-12 | 30 students
1201 Main Street
Redwood City, CA 94063
(650)365-3250 8.6 K-12
- San Mateo Grades: 6-12
1840 Gateway Dr., Ste. 100
San Mateo, CA 94404
(866)402-1699 3 6-12
- San Mateo Grades: K-8 | 243 students
1157 Chess Drive Ste 100
San Mateo, CA 94404
(650)345-4043 3.3 K-8
- Mountain View Grades: K-10 | 165 students
1200 Villa Street, Suite 100
Mountain View, CA 94041
(650)489-0071 18.3 K-10
- San Carlos Grades: K-8 | 41 students
1017 Ceder Street
San Carlos, CA 94070
(650)244-1519 6.7 K-8
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.