Pacific Rim International School
- Pacific Rim International School opened in the Fall of 1989 and is committed to providing children with the very best Chinese-English and Japanese-English bilingual multicultural education in a Montessori environment.
- Our emphasis is on the development of the whole child: social, physical, emotional, intellectual, linguistic, aesthetic, spiritual and cultural needs.
- We devote our best efforts to assisting children in the acquisition of skills and knowledge as a preparation for life.
- Our school offers a comprehensive bilingual-multicultural program for children in Mandarin and Japanese between the ages of eighteen months to eighteen years old.
- Pacific Rim International School believes that when children are guided to follow their natural path of development, they will attain their highest level of learning.
- We recognize and respect each child's unique abilities and talents.
- We maintain our commitment to providing children with the opportunity to progress at their own pace and explore by their own choice within limits.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Total Students||115 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Mateo Grades: PK-5 | 260 students
1 Carey School Ln
San Mateo, CA 94403
(650)345-8205 2.6 PK-5
- San Mateo Grades: PK-8 | 297 students
16 Baldwin Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94401
(650)274-0728 1.1 PK-8
- San Mateo Grades: K-8
1515 Dolan Ave
San Mateo, CA 94401
(650)342-6567 1.4 K-8
- Atherton Grades: NS-12
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
(650)322-1866 11.8 NS-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.