NorthCreek Academy & Preschool
5.00 (5 reviews)
- Our philosophy as a Classical Christian school is built upon the Trivium: Grammar Stage (K-5), Dialectic Stage (6-8), and the Rhetoric Stage (9-12) (High School addition is coming in the future.) Our commitment is to biblical application and partnering with families.
- In addition to the usual subjects, NCA provides classroom/instrumental music, art, Latin, and sports at the Jr. High level.
- K-8 students wear uniforms, a hot lunch program is available, and extended care is available from 7 am until 6 pm.
- School hours are 9 am until 12:30 pm for Kindergarten; 9 am until 3:30 pm for grades 1 through 8.
- A school nurse is on duty during school hours.
NorthCreek Academy & Preschool places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, mild learning differences|
|Total Students||507 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average Percentile SSAT||84%|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniforms - Khaki, Navy, Hunter Green, White)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,300|
|Tuition Notes||Rate posted is for single child grades 1-5. Rate for 6-8 is $9,660. Kindergarten is $6,710. Discounts apply to families with multiple students enrolled.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,520|
|Admissions Director||Ranetta Ericks|
|Admissions Associate||Michelle Kurnik|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Odyssey of the Mind
Arts and Music Programs:
Jazz Band, SALT Drama
- Some grades are currently impacted so please call our registrar at 925/627-4435 to inquire about availability. Please submit an online application from our website if interested in joining us. Mid-year enrollment will be considered but please call our registrar to discuss this prior to application. Enrollment for 2020/2021 is will be available in late January 2020. Please refer to our website for dates of information meetings and visitor days. January 28 is the first day to submit new student applications for 2020/2021.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rutherford Grades: K-12 | 148 students
796 Grayson Rd
Rutherford, CA 94573
(925)934-9261 3.8 K-12
- Walnut Creek Grades: K-8 | 390 students
2740 Jones Rd
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
(925)934-4888 1.7 K-8
We couldn't be happier with this school! We have had an amazing experience here and our son absolutely LOVES going to school each day! His teachers are so genuine and loving and it truly shows in their interactions with the students! I also love that the teachers care about building relationships with the family as well. If I could give North creek 10 stars, I would!
- Posted by Parent - Preschool Mom
We currently have three children enrolled in NCAP. Having a faith-based education for our children is important to us. After visiting nearly every local private school, a few things impressed us about NorthCreek and led us to choose NCAP for our children's education. First, the Principal has a clear vision for the school. Strong leadership is critical and we are confident that Principal Steele is attentive, sensitive, and wise. Second, we like the smaller class sizes and a plethora of electives in junior high. It warms our hearts to see our children build trusting relationships with their teachers knowing they have their attention and support through any unique obstacle. NCAP offers enough programs to fascinate every kind of child be it through sports, music, debate, or performing. We are also particularly impressed with NCAP's objective to raise confident communicators. Speaking in front of the class starts in Kindergarten and is a skill set that is becoming rare in this digital age. When you factor in reasonable tuition, it was an easy decision to send our children to NorthCreek Academy- one that has been confirmed over and over given the excitement our children feel about going to school.
- Posted by Parent - Amy
Northcreek Academy is a wonderful school that truly cares about students and their families!We have two children here, and we are thrilled with the teachers and staff. Our children are not only receiving an excellent academic education, they are learning what it means to love God and serve others. They have grown in every aspect.We highly recommend it!
- Posted by Parent - Cosmina Anca
The teachers are excellent and facilities are top notch. The small class size creates a positive environment for my little girl to learn and ask questions. I have also been impressed with Christian education that she has received and I have seen growth in her on so many levels of her life. All around great experience
- Posted by Parent - Matt
We love the warm feeling of the staff and parent community at NorthCreek and could not be happier. The school offers growth for our kids in more than just academics. It emphasizes a love of learning, faith and character building as part of their Classical Education approach. Highly recommend :)
- Posted by Parent - Sara Olson
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.