The Dorris-Eaton School
5.00 (1 review)
- Founded in 1954, The Dorris-Eaton School is recognized locally as well as nationally for its academic excellence.
- Our graduates are prepared to succeed in the finest high schools and universities in the country.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Prices vary depending on the number of weeks attended. The average weekly rate at the preschool campus in Alamo is $250 (M-F) and $170 (M/W/F). The average weekly rate at the K-8 campus in San Ramon is $285. (M-F).|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||370 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 14 / Aug. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,800|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten-grade 5 tuition is $29600 Grades 6 - 8 tuition is $30800. Tuition costs include basic textbooks, lab fees, and most supplies. Preschool tuition varies from $5490 to $9690, depending on number of days a week attended. Extended care is available before and after school at the preschool and K-8 campuses.|
|Admissions Director||Trina M. Spencer|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Debate, Mathcounts, Science Bowl, Student Council, Student Volunteers
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Strings Ensemble, Theatre
- The Dorris-Eaton School embraces what is best in traditional education and augments it with carefully selected innovations. In addition to the core subjects, students receive specialized instruciton in Spanish, music, studio art, computer applications, and physical education. Financial aid is available.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rutherford Grades: K-12 | 148 students
796 Grayson Rd
Rutherford, CA 94573
(925)934-9261 13.7 K-12
The K-8 curriculum emphasizes reading/literature, writing, grammar, mathematics, science, and history. Foreign language, computer science, art, music, and physical education are integral components of the program. Junior high students are encouraged to participate in the after school competitive sports program.
- Posted by Administrator - ninge
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.