Springfield Montessori School
- Springfield Montessori School is based on the educational philosophies of Maria Montessori.
- The program ensures an environment that is conducive to learning – an environment rich in life giving activities suited to the needs of the developing child.
- We provide an environment that promotes a love of learning.
- We help the child develop physical and mental order and "Inner Discipline." We provide an environment and materials within it that will meet the child's emotional, cognitive, spiritual, social, and physical developmental needs.
- We help the child to help himself through the processes of independence, responsibility, socialization, grace and courtesy.
- To achieve and maintain the standards demanded by the Montessori method of education, Springfield Montessori teachers are trained in the Montessori philosophies and have a thorough knowledge of the young child's stages of social, cognitive, psychological, and physiological development.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||124 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Walnut Creek Grades: NS-PK | 170 students
298 N. Wiget Ln.
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
(925)357-8080 0.2 NS-PK
- Concord Grades: 9-12 | 800 students
1133 Winton Dr
Concord, CA 94518
(925)686-5353 0.5 9-12
- Concord Grades: 9-12 | 1038 students
1130 Winton Dr
Concord, CA 94518
(925)288-8148 0.5 9-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.