- At Kumara School, we use childrens' interests and the ideas of developmentally appropriate practice to create a play-based, meaningful curriculum that involves the whole child.
- What makes our school so special is the feeling of trust in the individual, each finding their own path through flexibility and freedom in order to know they're wonderful just the way they are.
- We believe there is a force, spirit, inner self or whatever you want to call it, which guides us.
- We need to take the time to tune in to ourselves, find what really interests us and from there decide what to do.
- When we are following this inner guide, we will naturally be powerful, healthy, motivated, happy and caring for other people and our whole planet.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-1|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Mill ValleyGrades: PK-8 | 305 students
305 Montford Ave
Mill Valley, CA 94941
El SobranteGrades: PK-8 | 186 students
3800 Clark Road
El Sobrante, CA 94803
ConcordGrades: NS-12 | 36 students
2924 Clayton Rd. No. B
Concord, CA 94519
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?