- At Kumara School, we use childrens' interests and the ideas of developmentally appropriate practice to create a play-based, meaningful curriculum that involves the whole child.
- What makes our school so special is the feeling of trust in the individual, each finding their own path through flexibility and freedom in order to know they're wonderful just the way they are.
- We believe there is a force, spirit, inner self or whatever you want to call it, which guides us.
- We need to take the time to tune in to ourselves, find what really interests us and from there decide what to do.
- When we are following this inner guide, we will naturally be powerful, healthy, motivated, happy and caring for other people and our whole planet.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-1|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.