- At Kumara School, we use childrens' interests and the ideas of developmentally appropriate practice to create a play-based, meaningful curriculum that involves the whole child.
- What makes our school so special is the feeling of trust in the individual, each finding their own path through flexibility and freedom in order to know they're wonderful just the way they are.
- We believe there is a force, spirit, inner self or whatever you want to call it, which guides us.
- We need to take the time to tune in to ourselves, find what really interests us and from there decide what to do.
- When we are following this inner guide, we will naturally be powerful, healthy, motivated, happy and caring for other people and our whole planet.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-1|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mill ValleyGrades: PK-8 | 305 students
305 Montford Ave
Mill Valley, CA 94941
- ConcordGrades: NS-12 | 36 students
2924 Clayton Rd. No. B
Concord, CA 94519
- El SobranteGrades: PK-8 | 186 students
3800 Clark Road
El Sobrante, CA 94803
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.