Tel: (415) 388-5437
- At Kumara School, we use childrens' interests and the ideas of developmentally appropriate practice to create a play-based, meaningful curriculum that involves the whole child.
- What makes our school so special is the feeling of trust in the individual, each finding their own path through flexibility and freedom in order to know they're wonderful just the way they are.
- We believe there is a force, spirit, inner self or whatever you want to call it, which guides us.
- We need to take the time to tune in to ourselves, find what really interests us and from there decide what to do.
- When we are following this inner guide, we will naturally be powerful, healthy, motivated, happy and caring for other people and our whole planet.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-1|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?