Lycee Francais de San Francisco
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Students: 176 students
- Yearly Tuition: $23,250
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Lycee Francais de San Francisco offers a unique opportunity for young children to learn and grow in a truly international environment. LFSF operates on three campuses: primary and secondary schools in San Francisco, and a new, fully renovated primary school campus in Sausalito. From a very young age, our students learn to express themselves as curious and motivated learners, exchanging cultural and linguistic perspectives within a rich and diverse student body representing 65 nationalities and 35 languages overall.
- LFSF teaches children about the world by immersing its students in language and culture from day one. We accept students based on the calendar year, so Preschool can begin as early as 2 years for September through December birthdays. Non-francophones are able to integrate Preschool, PreK and Kindergarten classrooms, and are prepared to begin 1st grade in full immersion. Our young learners flourish in a program that fosters self-awareness and develops respect for others. Lyce Franais de San Francisco strives to promote initiative, autonomy, cooperation and individual responsibility, all the while preparing its littlest students for the structure of elementary school through art, pre-reading, writing, math and science activities, developmentally appropriate physical challenges, routine, focused tasks, and social learning. Whether they continue through Kindergarten, fifth grade or twelfth, our students find themselves uniquely ready for tomorrow`s world.
- The benefit of France`s renowned centralized curriculum is that all students are prepared for college success through an established curriculum that sets high expectations and teaches students to think logically and clearly. The uniform curriculum and teaching methods of the French system allow children to transfer easily from one French school to another as their families move from San Francisco to Hong Kong, London, Moscow or Paris. For families who stay in the Bay Area, LFSF is a single solution to students` education, preparing the youngest to grow as open and curious learners from Preschool up through receipt of their US High School Diploma, Baccalaureate, or even OIB.
Endorse Lycee Francais de San Francisco. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards