Marin Montessori School
Marin Montessori School Photo #2 - A Primary Classroom - kids ages 2 1/2 - 6 years old engaging in class work!
- Marin Montessori School is a private, non-profit, AMI accredited school serving the diverse needs of children 18 months to 15 years of age.
- The school is a community of faculty, families, staff, administration, and a board of directors.
- Collectively, we nurture the development of each child to his or her fullest potential intellectually, physically, socially, creatively, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Therefore, we strive to provide more than an academic education alone; our goal is to provide education for life.
- The mission of Marin Montessori School, in adherence to the principles of the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) as envisioned by Dr. Maria Montessori, is to nurture the development of each child in our diverse community to his or her fullest potential an independent, responsible, compassionate learned individual who thinks critically and realizes clearly his or her role in the world. Thus, our mission is to provide education for life.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||294 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
- Marin Montessori School is a private, non-profit, AMI accredited school serving the diverse needs of children from toddler age through adolescence. The school is a community of families, faculty, staff, administration, and a board of trustees.
- Collectively, we nurture the development of each child to his or her fullest potential intellectually, physically, socially, creatively, emotionally, and spiritually. Therefore, we strive to provide more than an academic education alone; our goal is to provide education for life.We accomplish this by preparing a stimulating classroom with beautiful manipulative materials where our children, with the guidance of our specially trained faculty, follow their natural tendencies to master skills. We are dedicated to maintaining a warm, nurturing, joyful environment where each child:
- - Receives a quality education that supports his or her individual development;
- - Has the freedom to choose, balanced by the responsibility to be productive;
- - Learns according to his/her personal learning styles and timelines;
- - Can reach his/her academic potential without grade level limits; and
- - Enjoys beautiful, orderly, harmonious surroundings.
- This program fosters self-motivation, self-discipline, compassion, independence, critical thinking, social and personal responsibility, and respect for others and the environment.
- It is our vision that our children gain a strong sense of self and realize a life-long satisfaction and joy in learning, working, and exploring life. We believe this will enable our children to contribute happily and productively their unique talents to the world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Corte Madera Grades: K-8 | 590 students
5221 Paradise Drive
Corte Madera, CA 94925
(415)927-5900 0.2 K-8
- Aptos Grades: PK-9 | 247 students
6230 Soquel Dr
Aptos, CA 95003
(831)476-1646 71.2 PK-9
- Atherton Grades: 6-12 | 799 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Atherton, CA 94027
(650)330-2000 36.2 6-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.