Marin Montessori School Photo #2 - A Primary Classroom - kids ages 2 1/2 - 6 years old engaging in class work!
Marin Montessori School is a private, non-profit, AMI accredited school serving the diverse needs of children 18 months to 15 years of age.
The school is a community of faculty, families, staff, administration, and a board of directors.
Collectively, we nurture the development of each child to his or her fullest potential intellectually, physically, socially, creatively, emotionally, and spiritually.
Therefore, we strive to provide more than an academic education alone; our goal is to provide education for life.
The mission of Marin Montessori School, in adherence to the principles of the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) as envisioned by Dr. Maria Montessori, is to nurture the development of each child in our diverse community to his or her fullest potential an independent, responsible, compassionate learned individual who thinks critically and realizes clearly his or her role in the world. Thus, our mission is to provide education for life.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked CA School
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 296 students
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 31 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Marin Montessori School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 49%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Jan. 31 / rolling
% on Financial Aid
- Marin Montessori School is a private, non-profit, AMI accredited school serving the diverse needs of children from toddler age through adolescence. The school is a community of families, faculty, staff, administration, and a board of trustees.
- Collectively, we nurture the development of each child to his or her fullest potential intellectually, physically, socially, creatively, emotionally, and spiritually. Therefore, we strive to provide more than an academic education alone; our goal is to provide education for life.We accomplish this by preparing a stimulating classroom with beautiful manipulative materials where our children, with the guidance of our specially trained faculty, follow their natural tendencies to master skills. We are dedicated to maintaining a warm, nurturing, joyful environment where each child:
- - Receives a quality education that supports his or her individual development;
- - Has the freedom to choose, balanced by the responsibility to be productive;
- - Learns according to his/her personal learning styles and timelines;
- - Can reach his/her academic potential without grade level limits; and
- - Enjoys beautiful, orderly, harmonious surroundings.
- This program fosters self-motivation, self-discipline, compassion, independence, critical thinking, social and personal responsibility, and respect for others and the environment.
- It is our vision that our children gain a strong sense of self and realize a life-long satisfaction and joy in learning, working, and exploring life. We believe this will enable our children to contribute happily and productively their unique talents to the world.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Marin Montessori School often compared to?
Marin Montessori Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Marin Horizon School, Mount Tamalpais School by visitors of our site.
What is Marin Montessori School's ranking?
Marin Montessori School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for: Largest student body.
When is the application deadline for Marin Montessori School?
The application deadline for Marin Montessori School is Jan. 31 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 31 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Marin Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Nearby Homes for Sale
Montessori Schools: An Overview
Are you curious about an educational approach that nurtures independent, creative, and lifelong learners? Look no further! We invite you to dive into the fascinating world of Montessori education and unlock its incredible potential for your children.
Securing Your School
With the rise of school shootings and other violent incidents, it is essential to have a comprehensive plan in place to protect everyone on your school campus.
Overview of State Voucher Programs in the United States
More than twelve states and the District of Columbia have education voucher programs. We describe the various programs and offer suggestions on how to use them so your child can attend private school.