- Marin Montessori School is a private, non-profit, AMI accredited school serving the diverse needs of children 18 months to 15 years of age.
- The school is a community of faculty, families, staff, administration, and a board of directors.
- Collectively, we nurture the development of each child to his or her fullest potential intellectually, physically, socially, creatively, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Therefore, we strive to provide more than an academic education alone; our goal is to provide education for life.
- The mission of Marin Montessori School, in adherence to the principles of the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) as envisioned by Dr. Maria Montessori, is to nurture the development of each child in our diverse community to his or her fullest potential an independent, responsible, compassionate learned individual who thinks critically and realizes clearly his or her role in the world. Thus, our mission is to provide education for life.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||276 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|% on Financial Aid||
- Marin Montessori School is a private, non-profit, AMI accredited school serving the diverse needs of children from toddler age through adolescence. The school is a community of families, faculty, staff, administration, and a board of trustees.
- Collectively, we nurture the development of each child to his or her fullest potential intellectually, physically, socially, creatively, emotionally, and spiritually. Therefore, we strive to provide more than an academic education alone; our goal is to provide education for life.We accomplish this by preparing a stimulating classroom with beautiful manipulative materials where our children, with the guidance of our specially trained faculty, follow their natural tendencies to master skills. We are dedicated to maintaining a warm, nurturing, joyful environment where each child:
- - Receives a quality education that supports his or her individual development;
- - Has the freedom to choose, balanced by the responsibility to be productive;
- - Learns according to his/her personal learning styles and timelines;
- - Can reach his/her academic potential without grade level limits; and
- - Enjoys beautiful, orderly, harmonious surroundings.
- This program fosters self-motivation, self-discipline, compassion, independence, critical thinking, social and personal responsibility, and respect for others and the environment.
- It is our vision that our children gain a strong sense of self and realize a life-long satisfaction and joy in learning, working, and exploring life. We believe this will enable our children to contribute happily and productively their unique talents to the world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Mill ValleyGrades: K-8 | 242 students
100 Harvard Ave
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Mill ValleyGrades: PK-8 | 305 students
305 Montford Ave
Mill Valley, CA 94941
South San FranciscoGrades: PK-5 | 116 students
1400 Hillside Blvd
South San Francisco, CA 94080
San MateoGrades: NS-5 | 294 students
1998 Beach Park Blvd.
San Mateo, CA 94404
BelmontGrades: K-5 | 120 students
2820 Ponce Avenue
Belmont, CA 94002
May 27, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.