Prospect Sierra School
- Prospect Sierra students are passionate about learning. Our exceptional teachers inspire students to seek deep, meaningful understanding; to develop strong academic skills; and to become creative and independent thinkers.
- Prospect Sierra cultivates compassion, fairness, respect, and individuality within a community that celebrates diversity, authenticity, and service.
- Prospect Sierra School embodies several key assumptions in philosophy and daily practice: that learning is the young person's pathway to personal growth; that school should be both challenging and joyous; that school is a community through which students, teachers and parents develop trust, demonstrate cooperation, show respect, and acquire an understanding of the rights and needs of others; and that diversity, in its many human forms, brings quality and strength to our welcoming and inclusive school.
- The school also believes that positive expectations and relationship-based teaching are essential to the learning process.
- We intend that our students maintain a lifelong love of learning; to become reflective, critical thinkers; and to become responsible citizens of the global community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||474 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||94 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(neat, clean, and not distracting)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / Jan. 19|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,950|
|Tuition Notes||There is a generous tuition assistance program Based on family need. Approximately 32% of our students receive tuition assistance.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$13,500|
|Admissions Director||Renée Thompson|
|Admissions Associate||Amy Sullivan - Grades 5-8|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Track and Field,
The educational program at Prospect Sierra strongly emphasizes an integrated curriculum based on a framework of established themes. Mathematics, literature, writing, art, music, science, Spanish, social studies, service learning, physical education, and technology are incorporated into a positive experience for each student. The faculty, librarians, and staff work closely together to connect the subject matter in meaningful ways.The project-based curriculum is designed to promote understanding and thoughtfulness. Students are asked to think deeply and reflectively about facts, ideas, and experiences in an increasingly diverse society. They are encouraged to make connections between their learning at school and their growing awareness of the outside world.
- Prospect Sierra was named model "School of the Future" by the National Association of Independent Schools.
- Prospect Sierra is a U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon School.
- Prospect Sierra co-hosted a TEDx conference on Compassion in partnership with the Greater Good Science Center of UC Berkeley.
- Prospect Sierra is an independent co-ed school located in El Cerrito. Two campuses, elementary (grades K-4) and middle school (grades 5-8) create the feel of a small school while providing the resources of a large one.
- Both campuses have excellent grounds and facilities. New buildings at each campus include expansive libraries, science labs, performing and fine arts buildings.
- Service learning is integral to the curriculum kindergarten through grade 8.
- 41% of our students come from Berkeley, and students come to Prospect Sierra School from as far south as Alameda and as far north as Fairfield.
- School shuttle service is available from Oakland and through Berkeley.
- There is an excellent after school program as well as enrichment classes and sports until 6:00 PM. Please visit our website, www.prospectsierra.org for further information.
- People that viewed Prospect Sierra School also viewed these schools: East Bay Waldorf School, A Better Chance School/California Autism Foundation, St Joseph Elementary School, Christ The King Catholic School and Spectrum Center - Tara Hills.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- El Sobrante Grades: PK-8 | 159 students
3800 Clark Road
El Sobrante, CA 94803
(510)222-3297 3.2 PK-8
- San Pablo Grades: K-12 | 34 students
4138 Lakeside Dr
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510)262-1500 5 K-12
- Pinole Grades: K-8 | 286 students
1961 Plum St
Pinole, CA 94564
(510)724-0242 5.9 K-8
- San Pablo Grades: K-12 | 37 students
16330 San Pablo Ave
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510)724-4494 5.6 K-12
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.