Prospect Sierra School
- Prospect Sierra students are passionate about learning. Our exceptional teachers inspire students to seek deep, meaningful understanding; to develop strong academic skills; and to become creative and independent thinkers.
- Prospect Sierra cultivates compassion, fairness, respect, and individuality within a community that celebrates diversity, authenticity, and service.
- Prospect Sierra School embodies several key assumptions in philosophy and daily practice: that learning is the young person's pathway to personal growth; that school should be both challenging and joyous; that school is a community through which students, teachers and parents develop trust, demonstrate cooperation, show respect, and acquire an understanding of the rights and needs of others; and that diversity, in its many human forms, brings quality and strength to our welcoming and inclusive school.
- The school also believes that positive expectations and relationship-based teaching are essential to the learning process.
- We intend that our students maintain a lifelong love of learning; to become reflective, critical thinkers; and to become responsible citizens of the global community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||475 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||94 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(neat, clean, and not distracting)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / Jan. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,600|
|Tuition Notes||There is a generous tuition assistance program based on family need. Approximately 36% of our students receive financial aid.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$12,800|
|Admissions Director||Renée Thompson|
|Admissions Associate||Amy Sullivan - Grades 5-8|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Track and Field,
- Prospect Sierra was named model "School of the Future" by the National Association of Independent Schools.
- Prospect Sierra is a U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon School.
- Prospect Sierra co-hosted a TEDx conference on Compassion in partnership with the Greater Good Science Center of UC Berkeley.
- Prospect Sierra is an independent co-ed school located in El Cerrito. Two campuses, elementary (grades K-4) and middle school (grades 5-8) create the feel of a small school while providing the resources of a large one.
- Both campuses have excellent grounds and facilities. New buildings at each campus include expansive libraries, science labs, performing and fine arts buildings.
- Service learning is integral to the curriculum kindergarten through grade 8.
- Although 47% of our students come from Berkeley, students come to Prospect Sierra School from as far south as San Leandro and as far north as American Canyon.
- School bus service is available from Oakland, Berkeley, and Kensington.
- There is an excellent after school program as well as enrichment classes and sports until 6:00 PM. Please visit our website, www.prospectsierra.org for further information.
People that viewed Prospect Sierra School also viewed these schools: Crestmont School, Bethel Christian Academy, A Better Chance School/California Autism Foundation, East Bay Waldorf School and St Dominic Elementary School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RichmondGrades: K-5 | 71 students
6226 Arlington Blvd
Richmond, CA 94805
El SobranteGrades: K-12 | 85 students
431 Rincon Rd
El Sobrante, CA 94803
RichmondGrades: K-12 | 34 students
4138 Lakeside Dr
Richmond, CA 94806
El SobranteGrades: PK-8 | 186 students
3800 Clark Road
El Sobrante, CA 94803
BeniciaGrades: PK-8 | 361 students
935 E 5th St
Benicia, CA 94510