St Mary Elementary School
- We are committed to creating a Christian atmosphere for students, families and educators who share a common vision of integrating quality academic standards in an enriching learning environment supported by the Catholic values found in the Gospel message of Jesus Christ.
- St. Mary School is a faith community consisting of clergy, principal, faculty, staff, parents and students.
- We base our philosophy of education on Christ as our model, through studying scripture and fostering the teachings and traditions of the Catholic Church.
- Our major emphasis is on the development of Christian life and the formation of spiritual and moral beliefs of the individuals.
- We believe that Catholic education is responsive to the uniqueness of each individual.
- It guides all students in the fulfillment of their potential by addressing the needs of the whole child: spiritual, academic, social, physical and cultural.
- At St. Mary School, we foster a sense of self-worth, dignity in each individual and an acceptance of others as reflecting Christ.
- As Catholic educators, we prepare students to be Christian witnesses by putting their faith into action and we encourage them to be catalysts of change for the betterment of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||301 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berkeley Grades: K-8 | 313 students
1225 Milvia Street
Berkeley, CA 94709
(510)526-4744 11.1 K-8
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.