St Mary Elementary School
- We are committed to creating a Christian atmosphere for students, families and educators who share a common vision of integrating quality academic standards in an enriching learning environment supported by the Catholic values found in the Gospel message of Jesus Christ.
- St. Mary School is a faith community consisting of clergy, principal, faculty, staff, parents and students.
- We base our philosophy of education on Christ as our model, through studying scripture and fostering the teachings and traditions of the Catholic Church.
- Our major emphasis is on the development of Christian life and the formation of spiritual and moral beliefs of the individuals.
- We believe that Catholic education is responsive to the uniqueness of each individual.
- It guides all students in the fulfillment of their potential by addressing the needs of the whole child: spiritual, academic, social, physical and cultural.
- At St. Mary School, we foster a sense of self-worth, dignity in each individual and an acceptance of others as reflecting Christ.
- As Catholic educators, we prepare students to be Christian witnesses by putting their faith into action and we encourage them to be catalysts of change for the betterment of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||299 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- LafayetteGrades: PK-8 | 272 students
3445 Hamlin Road
Lafayette, CA 94549
- LarkspurGrades: K-8 | 259 students
120 King St
Larkspur, CA 94939
- OaklandGrades: K-8 | 288 students
1 Estates Drive
Oakland, CA 94611
- BerkeleyGrades: K-8 | 313 students
1225 Milvia Street
Berkeley, CA 94709
- RichmondGrades: PK-8 | 169 students
871 Sonoma Street
Richmond, CA 94805
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.