- Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley is the oldest and largest bilingual school in the East Bay, with a full-immersion program for children ages 2.5 to 14.
- Our graduates are "at home in the world": fully bilingual, well-prepared academically, critical thinkers, conversant with technology, and ready to succeed in the 21st century.
- Accredited by CAIS/WASC and the French Ministry of Education.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||535 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 21 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,895|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition does not include extended day care.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Manon Johnson|
|Endowment Size||0.300 million|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Flag Football,
Soccer, Track and Field,
- Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley educates a diverse population of boys and girls, inspiring them to strive for academic excellence and to develop a high sense of personal and social responsibility. We offer a challenging and rigorous course of study in both French and English, set in a multicultural environment. We support each student in the acquisition of skills and the development of character necessary for citizenship in an increasingly complex world.
People that viewed Ecole Bilingue De Berkeley also viewed these schools: The Berkeley School, Park Day School, Redwood Day School, Applied Scholastics Academy East Bay (Formerly GG Apple School) and GiftedandTalented.com.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BerkeleyGrades: PK-8 | 289 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
OaklandGrades: K-8 | 310 students
360 42nd St
Oakland, CA 94609
OaklandGrades: K-8 | 385 students
3245 Sheffield Avenue
Oakland, CA 94602
AlamedaGrades: PK-8 | 17 students
2050 Lincoln Avenue
Alameda, CA 94501
OaklandGrades: K-12 | 199 students
Oakland, CA 94612
We love Ecole Bilingue! Both of our kids started in preschool, where they seemed to pick up French in no time. The classes are small, and the teacher ratio is such that no child's individual needs go unnoticed. Every child has (or one day will have) their own challenges, and the teachers are committed to helping make a plan for their success. The kids feel involved and their curiosity is nurtured. Now in 3rd grade and Kindergarten, our kids have a unique international perspective, a heightened awareness and play with language, and an interest in history, art and music that spans beyond our own local "bubble". Further, the school and other families provide a truly unique community that we have come to value dearly. It's a special place and a great school.
- Posted by Parent - EB parent
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.