Ecole Bilingue De Berkeley
5.00 (1 review)
- Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley is the oldest and largest bilingual school in the East Bay, with a full-immersion program for children ages 2.5 to 14.
- Our graduates are "at home in the world": fully bilingual, well-prepared academically, critical thinkers, conversant with technology, and ready to succeed in the 21st century.
- Accredited by CAIS/WASC and the French Ministry of Education.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||535 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 21 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,895|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition does not include extended day care.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Manon Johnson|
|Endowment Size||0.300 million|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Flag Football,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
- Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley educates a diverse population of boys and girls, inspiring them to strive for academic excellence and to develop a high sense of personal and social responsibility. We offer a challenging and rigorous course of study in both French and English, set in a multicultural environment. We support each student in the acquisition of skills and the development of character necessary for citizenship in an increasingly complex world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BerkeleyGrades: PK-8 | 289 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
- OaklandGrades: K-12 | 199 students
Oakland, CA 94612
- OaklandGrades: NS-6 | 180 students
466 Chetwood St
Oakland, CA 94610
- OaklandGrades: K-8 | 314 students
360 42nd St
Oakland, CA 94609
- OaklandGrades: K-8 | 410 students
3245 Sheffield Avenue
Oakland, CA 94602
We love Ecole Bilingue! Both of our kids started in preschool, where they seemed to pick up French in no time. The classes are small, and the teacher ratio is such that no child's individual needs go unnoticed. Every child has (or one day will have) their own challenges, and the teachers are committed to helping make a plan for their success. The kids feel involved and their curiosity is nurtured. Now in 3rd grade and Kindergarten, our kids have a unique international perspective, a heightened awareness and play with language, and an interest in history, art and music that spans beyond our own local "bubble". Further, the school and other families provide a truly unique community that we have come to value dearly. It's a special place and a great school.
- Posted by Parent - EB parent
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.