Ecole Bilingue De Berkeley
5.00 (1 review)
- Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley is a pionner bilingual school in the East Bay, founded in 1977
- It offers a full-immersion program for children ages 2 to 14 (Preschool to Middle School).
- We prepare students to be not just linguistically but culturally fluent. EB graduates are extraordinary communicators, equipped with critical thinking skills and at ease with complexity
- Accredited by CAIS/WASC and the French Ministry of Education.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$460|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||weekly rate.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||461 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 25 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$28,420|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition does not include extended day care.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Manon Johnson|
|Endowment Size||$0.384 million|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Chinese, Cooking Classes, Fencing, Lego Robotics, Soccer Classes, Yoga
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Choir, Piano, Ukelele Club, Violin
Recreational Athletic Programs:
basketball, Judo, Soccer Team
- Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley nurtures creative, multilingual learners, equipped to confidently embrace the delights and challenges of an interconnected world.
- Founded in 1977 by a group of parents passionate about bilingual education, Ecole Bilingue has grown to become the most renowned French American school in the East Bay, with about 450 students from Preschool to 8th grade.
- Our students are immersed in the French language and culture for most of their day and acquire solid academic, social and emotional skills throughout their education at EB.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed Ecole Bilingue De Berkeley also viewed these schools: The Berkeley School, Black Pine Circle School, Montessori Family School - Early Childhood, Ilam Ramon Day School and Applied Scholastics Academy East Bay (Formerly GG Apple School).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berkeley Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510)665-8800 1.1 PK-8
- Berkeley Grades: PK-8 | 50 students
1850 Scenic Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94709
(510)848-2322 2.1 PK-8
- Alameda Grades: PK-8 | 17 students
2050 Lincoln Avenue
Alameda, CA 94501
(510)748-0428 6.2 PK-8
Fantastic school. Both of my kids have had an amazing time. Incredibly talented and high quality teachers. Excellent, nurturing environment. Great community of caring and diverse parents. My children move between French and English seamlessly and have developed an enriching set of friends. A fantastic school.
- Posted by Parent - EB parent
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.