Berkwood Hedge School
- Berkwood Hedge School is an independent kindergarten through fifth grade school located in central Berkeley.
- Our developmental philosophy is based on the understanding that children construct their own knowledge of the world through active and collaborative exploration of their learning environment.
- We see children as competent, articulate, and curious individuals who learn by doing things themselves.
- Our experienced teachers create lessons, materials, and activities that challenge and engage a diverse range of students.
- Our teachers excel at bringing social and academic learning together in emotionally safe classroom environments.
- Curriculum is designed to help students ask questions about society, examine popular culture, and think critically about school life.
- Social justice and service learning activities are integrated throughout the academic curriculum.
- Our strong core curriculum of mathematics, language arts, social studies, and science is supplemented by a vibrant enrichment program including Spanish, Art, Music, Physical Education and Environmental Science and our older students add an inspiring Drama program.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||96 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Debbie Lloyd|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berkeley Grades: K-8 | 105 students
2722 Benvenue Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)549-0605 1.1 K-8
- Berkeley Grades: NS-6 | 82 students
2446 Mckinley Ave
Berkeley, CA 94703
(510)841-7248 0.2 NS-6
- Berkeley Grades: PK-6 | 144 students
3339 Martin Luther King Jr Way
Berkeley, CA 94703
(510)868-1815 1.4 PK-6
- Berkeley Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510)665-8800 0.7 PK-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.