Beach Cities Child Development Center
Tel: (310) 370-4966
- Beach Cities Child Development Center opened its doors at 850 Inglewood Ave, Redondo Beach in 2004 and at 514 N. Prospect Ave, Redondo Beach in 2012.
- We serve the early childhood educational needs of preschool age children in the cities of Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Torrance, Lawndale, Hawthorne and other South Bay communities.
- Our philosophy is to motivate, guide and empower children for success at school and in life.
- Both of our preschools are nestled in newly remodeled facilities with age-appropriate classrooms and playgrounds, surrounded by beautiful trees and grassy areas that provide our students outdoor play and adventure time daily.
- Both schools follow the same curriculum and guidelines. Each school is unique in its own layout and play areas.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||392 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact school for tuition information.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||dance, music, yoga|
- Our philosophy is to motivate, guide and empower children for success at school and in life. We believe a developmental program respects the individuality of every child, while promoting growth and learning in a healthy, happy and safe environment. Children have the opportunity to learn through play, observation and discovery. They are free to select activities according to their interests and abilities. Planned learning activities focus on art, music and movement, dramatic play, reading and writing readiness, language development, math and science, cooking, gardening and multicultural awareness. Each child and their family are treated with utmost dignity and respect.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Manhattan Beach Grades: K | 11 students
1159 N Aviation Blvd
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310) 376-7556 0.6 K
- Redondo Beach Grades: NS-PK | 187 students
3707 Doolittle Drive
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
(310) 536-0243 0.3 NS-PK
- Hawthorne Grades: PK-12 | 64 students
14204 Prairie Ave
Hawthorne, CA 90250
(310) 676-9042 1.7 PK-12
- Long Beach Grades: PK-K | 55 students
5270 Atherton St.
Long Beach, CA 90815
(562) 597-5913 15.5 PK-K
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.