Beach Cities Child Development Center
- Beach Cities Child Development Center opened its doors at 850 Inglewood Ave, Redondo Beach in 2004 and at 514 N. Prospect Ave, Redondo Beach in 2012.
- We serve the early childhood educational needs of preschool age children in the cities of Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Torrance, Lawndale, Hawthorne and other South Bay communities.
- Our philosophy is to motivate, guide and empower children for success at school and in life.
- Both of our preschools are nestled in newly remodeled facilities with age-appropriate classrooms and playgrounds, surrounded by beautiful trees and grassy areas that provide our students outdoor play and adventure time daily.
- Both schools follow the same curriculum and guidelines. Each school is unique in its own layout and play areas.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact school for tuition information.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||dance, music, yoga|
- Our philosophy is to motivate, guide and empower children for success at school and in life. We believe a developmental program respects the individuality of every child, while promoting growth and learning in a healthy, happy and safe environment. Children have the opportunity to learn through play, observation and discovery. They are free to select activities according to their interests and abilities. Planned learning activities focus on art, music and movement, dramatic play, reading and writing readiness, language development, math and science, cooking, gardening and multicultural awareness. Each child and their family are treated with utmost dignity and respect.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Manhattan Beach Grades: PK-K | 68 students
1159 N Aviation Blvd
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310)376-7556 0.6 PK-K
- Redondo Beach Grades: NS-PK | 187 students
3707 Doolittle Drive
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
(310)536-0243 0.3 NS-PK
- Hawthorne Grades: PK-12 | 64 students
14204 Prairie Ave
Hawthorne, CA 90250
(310)676-9042 1.7 PK-12
- Long Beach Grades: PK-K | 55 students
5270 Atherton St.
Long Beach, CA 90815
(562)597-5913 15.5 PK-K
Nearby Homes for Sale
A private school handbook is essentially a set of guidelines for life in the school community.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.