Bishop Dwenger High School
Bishop Dwenger High School, a Diocesan Catholic high school founded in the life and teachings of Jesus Christ, provides a faith-centered community dedicated to academic excellence, growth in the spiritual life, a Christ-centered active life outside of class, and a Christian life of service to the community.
- Top Ranked IN School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 1,075 students
- Yearly Tuition: $6,500
- Average class size: 27 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Summer School Offered
Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2004
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 23%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
Calculus, Chemistry, Literature and Language, Statistics, US History, Biology
Average SAT score
Average ACT score
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition and fees vary from year to year. Please visit our website for current information, www.bishopdwenger.com.
% on Financial Aid
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Academic Super Bowl, ACTS Ministry, Adventure Club, Art Club, BD Ambassadors, Cheerleading, Dance Team (Hip Hop), Dart Club, Euell Wilson Tutors, FBLA, French Club, Habitat for Humanity, Jazz Band, Key Club, Knowledge Master, Latin Club, Liturgical Choir and Ensemble, Marching Band, Newspaper, NHS, Peer Mediators, Peer Tutors, Pep Band, Robotics Club, Rosa Mystica, Rosary Club, SADD, Saints Alive! Student Volunteers, Saints for Life, Scrabble Club, Show Choirs (3), Social Justice Club, Spanish Club, Speech Team, Spell Bowl, Spirit Club, Spiritual Book Club, Student Council, Table Tennis Club, Theater, Winter Color Guard, Winter Percussion, Yearbook
- 97% attendance rate
- Over 100 course offerings including many honors and AP courses and two dual credit classes
- Outstanding Resource Room
- Faculty and staff who go above and beyond
- 97% of graduates go on to college or technical school
- Four National Merit Semi-Finalists and seven Commended Students
- Over $9.6M in scholarships offered to the Class of 2012
- Masses, retreats, and an open chapel
- 20 IHSAA sports, 4 club sports, and 45 clubs and service/spiritual organizations
- State-ranked academic teams
- New fine arts and academic wings, as well as a new guidance complex
- Required community service hours and religious education classes
- Tech prep classes offered through Anthis Career Center
Source: Verified school update
Endorse Bishop Dwenger High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Which Schools Did Our Presidents Attend? Part 3 - Wilson to Trump
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.
July 06, 2022Parents' FAQs About Private School
You have dozens of reasons why you think a private school is a good option for your child. But you also have some concerns. We address those here.