Bishop Luers High School
5.00 (1 review)
Bishop Luers High School Photo #2 - Bishop Luers Drama Department presents three plays a year. This a photo from our Winter Play "Meet Me in St. Louis".
- At Bishop Luers High School, our goal is to help students develop spiritually, academically, and socially.
- Our commitment to Luers Spirit has produced an impressive graduation rate, remarkable record of athletic achievement, and a safe and socially rewarding student experience.
- The mission of the Bishop Luers High School family is to create a Catholic educational community that instills in each student the qualities of faith, respect, and responsibility necessary to reach his or her God-given potential spiritually, academically, and socially.
- This maturity nurtured by Catholic truths will enable each graduate to face the challenges in his or her own life while serving God and others in a changing society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
National Association of Private Catholic and Independent Schools (NAPCIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||591 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Economics, English 12, Government, US History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Pants (black/khaki), Luers uniform polo shirt (red, black, or white))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,210|
|Tuition Notes||tuition for students not registered in catholic parish $7393|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,600|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Andorfer|
|Admissions Associate||Monica Zwick|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Super Bowl, Culture Club, Dance Team, Drama Club, Key Club, Lacrosse, National Honor Society, Peer Ministry, Pep Band, Rifle Club, SADD, Show Choir, Speech and Debate, STAND, Yearbook|
- Bishop Luers High School is a Catholic educational community that instill in each student dignity, integrity, respect and responsibility. Nurtured by Catholic truths each student is able to face the challenges in his or her own life spiritually, academically, and socially while serving God and others in a global and changing society.
- People that viewed Bishop Luers High School also viewed these schools: Bishop Dwenger High School, Concordia Lutheran High School, Academy Of Our Lady Of Peace, Blackhawk Christian Preschool Academy, Primary, Intermediate, and Secondary and Concordia Lutheran School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Wayne Grades: 9-12 | 1069 students
1300 E Washington Center Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46825
(260)496-4700 7 9-12
- Fort Wayne Grades: 9-12 | 710 students
1601 Saint Joe River Dr
Fort Wayne, IN 46805
(260)483-1102 5.4 9-12
- San Diego Grades: 9-12 | 728 students
4860 Oregon Street
San Diego, CA 92116
(619)297-2266 1846.1 9-12
- Fort Wayne Grades: PK-12 | 949 students
7400 E State Blvd
Fort Wayne, IN 46815
(260)493-7400 6.9 PK-12
- Fort Wayne Grades: PK-8 | 443 students
4245 Lake Ave
Fort Wayne, IN 46815
(260)426-9922 4.7 PK-8
Dear Sir or Madam, I am an office assistant of LAN international education consulting. We have some Chinese students who are planning to go to high school in the US. I would like to know if your school take internatnioal students, and if your school offers host families? Thank you for your time! Regards, Hank
- Posted by Teacher - yangz
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.