Lutheran South Unity School
- Lutheran South Unity School provides an increasingly innovative learning experience for children in Kindergarten through Eighth Grade.
- Beyond the core content areas of reading/literature, math, social studies, science, physical education/health, art, and music, our students experience the work of the Holy Spirit through Bible study, service learning activities, mission projects, and character education.
- LSUS is dedicated to growing children into the men and women God intends for them to become.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Specific Learning Disabilities, Mild Learning Differences, Speech/Language Needs, depending on availability of support or extension (student to staff ratio)|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||172 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki/Navy/Black bottoms; Red, Lt. blue, White, Navy polo or oxford style tops)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,600|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on family's ability to pay toward the $6600 tuition cost. We offer very generous financial aid. We look at what each family can pay towards the tuition amount.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Julie Turney|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Accelerated Reader Club, Ambassadors, Art Club, Coding/Computer, Outdoor Education, Service Learning
Arts and Music Programs:
Phoenix Fire (Middle School Choir)
- Students and their families must tour the school, meet with the school principal, and prospective students must test to see if the school is a good fit for them. Students with IEP's, 504 Plans, or other special considerations must bring this information to the school for review prior to enrollment. Families must submit a financial assistance form, unles the family chooses to pay the full cost for tuition.
- People that viewed Lutheran South Unity School also viewed these schools: St John The Baptist School, Blackhawk Christian Preschool Academy, Primary, Intermediate, and Secondary, Canterbury School, St Paul's Lutheran School and St Therese School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Wayne Grades: NS-8 | 275 students
4500 Fairfield Ave
Fort Wayne, IN 46807
(260)456-3321 0.7 NS-8
- Fort Wayne Grades: PK-12 | 949 students
7400 E State Blvd
Fort Wayne, IN 46815
(260)493-7400 6.9 PK-12
- Fort Wayne Grades: NS-12 | 1007 students
(EC-Grade 8) 5601 Covington Road and (HS) 3210 Smith Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46804
(260)407-3553 4.1 NS-12
- Fort Wayne Grades: PK-8 | 187 students
1125 Barr St
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
(260)424-0049 2.9 PK-8
- Fort Wayne Grades: NS-8 | 212 students
2222 Lower Huntington Rd
Fort Wayne, IN 46819
(260)747-2343 1.8 NS-8
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.