Lutheran South Unity School
- Lutheran South Unity School provides an increasingly innovative learning experience for children in Kindergarten through Eighth Grade.
- Beyond the core content areas of reading/literature, math, social studies, science, physical education/health, art, and music, our students experience the work of the Holy Spirit through Bible study, service learning activities, mission projects, and character education.
- LSUS is dedicated to growing children into the men and women God intends for them to become.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Specific Learning Disabilities, Mild Learning Differences, Speech/Language Needs, depending on availability of support or extension (student to staff ratio)|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||172 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki/Navy/Black bottoms; Red, Lt. blue, White, Navy polo or oxford style tops)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,600|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on family's ability to pay toward the $6600 tuition cost. We offer very generous financial aid. We look at what each family can pay towards the tuition amount.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Julie Turney|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Accelerated Reader Club, Ambassadors, Art Club, Coding/Computer, Outdoor Education, Service Learning
Arts and Music Programs:
Phoenix Fire (Middle School Choir)
- Students and their families must tour the school, meet with the school principal, and prospective students must test to see if the school is a good fit for them. Students with IEP's, 504 Plans, or other special considerations must bring this information to the school for review prior to enrollment. Families must submit a financial assistance form, unles the family chooses to pay the full cost for tuition.
- People that viewed Lutheran South Unity School also viewed these schools: St John The Baptist School, Blackhawk Christian Preschool Academy, Primary, Intermediate, and Secondary, Canterbury School, St Therese School and Zion Lutheran Academy.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Wayne Grades: NS-8 | 275 students
4500 Fairfield Ave
Fort Wayne, IN 46807
(260)456-3321 0.7 NS-8
- Fort Wayne Grades: PK-12 | 949 students
7400 E State Blvd
Fort Wayne, IN 46815
(260)493-7400 6.9 PK-12
- Fort Wayne Grades: NS-12 | 1007 students
(EC-Grade 8) 5601 Covington Road and (HS) 3210 Smith Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46804
(260)407-3553 4.1 NS-12
- Fort Wayne Grades: NS-8 | 212 students
2222 Lower Huntington Rd
Fort Wayne, IN 46819
(260)747-2343 1.8 NS-8
- Fort Wayne Grades: PK-8 | 52 students
2313 Hanna Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46803
(260)745-2979 2.1 PK-8
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.