St. Therese School
- Top Ranked IL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 367 students
- Yearly Tuition: $6,400
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
St. Therese School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
Academics and Faculty
Jumpers/skirts or khakis with blazers and ties
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Girls Who Code, Math Club, National Junior Honor Society
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Dance Classes
St. Therese honors the value and dignity of each student, combining strong Catholic values with a deep connection to Chinese culture and a commitment to diversity. We view our school as transformative and believe all children can reach their full potential. We instill a "growth mindset" that emphasizes continuous effort and targeted differentiated support.
We cultivate perseverance, resilience, and self-regulated learning that leads to long-term success. Students learn from one another and develop a strong ability to collaborate with peers; everyone benefits from high expectations, a supportive environment, and mutual personal respect. Teachers come to know their students well, bolstering their confidence to take risks because they have the freedom to continue trying until they succeed. Students participate in service projects that connect them to the importance of charity and caring for our community.
As a school, our goal is to support each of our students. Our underlying philosophy is that all children can learn, and our job as educators is to identify ways for every student to participate in the curriculum. Our students come to us with different ability levels, and we tier instruction to meet different learning needs. We design our Response to Intervention (RtI) program to continually screen students and monitor ongoing acquisition of core skills in math, English, and reading fluency. When necessary, we supplement with specialized instruction from speech therapists, academic coaches, and federally funded Title 1 teachers.
School-Wide and School Leadership Awards
- 2018 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by the US Department of Education
- 2017 Stanley S. Golder Leadership Award awarded to Principal Phyllis Cavallone by the Golden Apple Foundation
- 2017 National Distinguished Principal Award awarded to Principal Phyllis Cavallone by the National Association of Elementary School Principals
- 2017 Lead.Learn.Proclaim. Award given to Principal Phyllis Cavallone by the National Catholic Educational Association
- 2017 Golden Apple Teacher of Distinction to middle school English Language Arts teacher Kelli Kielusiak
- 2016 West Cook Assistant Principal of the Year awarded to Lisa Deborah Oi by the Illinois Principal Association
- 2014 LEAP Innovation Awards Grant winner from LEAP Innovations
- 2012 Tech Leader of the Year by Tech and Learning Magazine
- 2012 Intel School of Distinction National Finalist for Middle School Mathematics
- 2011 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by the US Department of Education
- 2006 St. Therese named in the top 25 private elementary schools in Chicagoland
- 2016 Catholic Math League Winners
- 2016 Illinois Council of Teachers of Mathematics Winners
- 2015 State Handwriting Winners
- 2015 State Science Fair Winners2015 City Science Fair Winners
- 2013-2016 St. Therese History Team advanced to the National History Bee Competition and National History Bowl
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St. Therese School cost?
St. Therese School's tuition is approximately $6,400 for private students.
What sports does St. Therese School offer?
St. Therese School offers 8 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Track and Field and Volleyball. St. Therese School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for most sports offered.
What is St. Therese School's ranking?
St. Therese School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for: Highest percentage of students of color, Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees, Largest student body and Most sports offered.
When is the application deadline for St. Therese School?
The application deadline for St. Therese School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse St. Therese School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards