Blind Children's Center
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Blind Childrens Center's mission is to provide comprehensive early intervention, specialized education and training, in a fully inclusive family oriented environment, for young children who are blind or severely visually impaired and to optimize each child's development and consequent opportunities to lead an independent and productive life.
- The Blind Children`s Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1938 by Southern California Delta Gammas. Each year the Center serves approximately 80 children who are blind or visually impaired and provides an array of support services for more than 300 family members. Our goal is to optimize each child`s development and opportunities to lead a meaningful life through a comprehensive program beginning with early intervention, followed by an educational curriculum specifically adapted to the needs of each student.We are committed to a family-focused approach where parents, siblings, grandparents, and caregivers are included in the educational process every step of the way. In keeping with best practices, our programs are fully inclusive with sighted children integrated in each class, providing unique opportunities for social interaction and acquisition of critical skills. Our multidisciplinary team of experts utilizes leading-edge technology and adaptive devices to help our students who are visually impaired keep pace in the sighted world.
- As a model program, the Center impacts communities globally through presentations, conferences, and research grants, as well as a full suite of publications for families and professionals. In all, more than 750,000 copies of our publications have been distributed in 75 countries, and translated into 17 languages.
Endorse Blind Children's Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards