Immaculate Heart Of Mary School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (323) 663-4611
- Immaculate Heart of Mary School believes in the four-fold purpose of Catholic education: to teach Catholic doctrine and to proclaim Gospel values, to build a community, to worship, and to foster service.
- We value the uniqueness of each child and strive to develop the total person spiritually, morally, intellectually, culturally, socially, physically, and psychologically.
- Recognizing that the parents are the primary educators of their children with teachers as facilitators of the children's learning, we stress the partnership of family, school, and parish in building the faith community of Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- Immaculate Heart of Mary School fosters a nurturing Catholic school community where children receive a strong spiritual and academic foundation based on Gospel values.
- The IHM Children`s Choir competed at the Seventh World Choir Games in Cincinnati, Ohio in July of 2012. The World Choir Games, which was formerly known as the Choir Olympics, is the largest choir competition in the world and it was the first time that the United States participated in this event. In the April 2012 issue of St. Anthony Messenger, the widely circulated national magazine featured the IHM Children`s Choir on its front cover and centerfold. The students won two silver medals for the categories of Young Children's Choirs and Music of Religions. Recently, the students have competed and won various local competitions, such as the Acapella Festival. They have performed in Disney Land and some students were recorded for the soundtrack of the movie "The Book of Life." Furthermore, the choir sang for Pope Francis in Rome in December of 2015. They also sang at Carnegie Hall in New York in June of 2016. They sang in London and Canterbury in the Summer of 2019. They plan to continue to travel to more places in the future.
- The future of learning is about access and sustainability with the aid of improved technology. Immaculate Heart of Mary has taken the next step and moved into this stage of learning. Blended learning is a student-centered structure, in which students are working in centers with technology as a tool to differentiate instruction. Based on standardized assessment data, IHM scores have been increasing each year, ensuring that all of our students are growing. Students have received more one-on-one attention and lessons are catered towards his or her individual need.
Immaculate Heart Of Mary School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Blended Learning for Differentiated Instruction|
|Total Students||142 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,301|
|Tuition Notes||This is the in-parish discount. Scholarships are available for those who qualify.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir (voice), Dance, Guitar, piano, violin
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Immaculate Heart of Mary School believes in the four-fold purpose of Catholic education: to teach Catholic doctrine and to proclaim Gospel values, to build a community, to worship, and to foster service. We value the uniqueness of each child and strive to develop the total person spiritually, morally, intellectually, culturally, socially, physically, and psychologically. Recognizing that the parents are the primary educators of their children with teachers as facilitators of the children's learning, we stress the partnership of family, school, and parish in building the faith community of Immaculate Heart of Mary. Immaculate Heart of Mary School fosters a nurturing Catholic school community where children receive a strong spiritual and academic foundation based on Gospel values. Student Learning Expectations The School-wide Learning Expectations define for us the spiritual, academic, and social characteristics that a student of Immaculate Heart of Mary will work to attain and develop throughout his/her years of attendance. Immaculate Heart of Mary School has a certificate of accreditation by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Accrediting Commission for Schools, and the Western Catholic Educational Association.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed Immaculate Heart Of Mary School also viewed these schools: Ontario Christian Elementary School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ontario Grades: K-8 | 755 students
1907 S Euclid Ave
Ontario, CA 91762
(909) 983-1010 37.2 K-8
Teachers are excellent! IHM has a good academic program. Fantastic school!
- Posted by Parent - RS
My son has attended IHM now for 3 years and has enjoyed every single minute of his time there. He has learned so much from the teachers and the staff. I am thankful for them for providing a path to my sons' future success.
- Posted by Parent - Gladys Cueva
I enrolled my son here last 2017 as TK, until now it never disappoint me on how they handle and teach students like a true catholic school. Teachers, PTA's and even parents are all hands on helping the kids like one whole family. I love all of the school events, oh and ofcourse their world famous Pork Barbecue skewers Filipino style! Looking forward to many more years! Next year it will be my daughter's turn to experience in this wonderful school!
- Posted by Parent - Mr. Vir Ryan Fabian
Immaculate Heart of Mary School is the best Catholic School I know academically & especially values.
- Posted by Parent - Lesther Razon
Amazing school my daughter is now kinder she always looking forward on school day. Thank you IHM
- Posted by Parent - Nolan reig
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?