Choosing a Private School
This video gives you an idea of why Cabrini High School in New Orleans, Louisiana is much loved by its students. Children attend American private schools by choice, not because they have to.
As soon as you decide to move
- Changing Schools?
- Private schools often have rigorous admissions. As soon as you realize that a move is necessary, you should research the private schools in the area and set up interviews so that you can better ascertain your family's fit for the school.
- Get on the waiting lists. Even if you cannot get your children into your first choice school because they do not have room, stay on their waiting list. Students drop out, move themselves, etc.
- Consider using an Educational Consultant from your target destination to help you decide where to try to place your children when you move.
- Give yourself enough time for your children to take admissions tests if required or placement tests so that the school can best determine fit for your children.
- Found out if there are any extra-curricular activities that require early enrollment or may involve practice over the summer before the school year starts.
- Find day care services or extended day services as soon as possible. Most of