Bloomfield Maples Montessori
We offer three Pre-Primary Classrooms for children ages three through kindergarten. Our teachers are specially trained to offer guidance to materials and lessons that will allow the mixed age group of students to learn independently and at 'their own pace.' Through the three year process encompassing kindergarten, students develop a strong foundation in academics and acquire leadership qualities.'.
- Bloomfield Maples Montessori Center was founded in 1983 in a specially constructed building on 2 acres of land conveniently located on Maple Road.
- The school philosophy is based on a strong commitment to principles of respect, integrity, academic excellence and peace education.
- The program is staffed by experienced Montessori teachers, certified by American Montessori Society with support staff members that combine qualities of competence, warmth and experience.
- Each classroom is a beautiful, orderly and rich environment where children are encouraged to work with challenging Montessori materials in the areas of Practical Life, Sensorial, Math, Reading, Geography, Science, Spanish, Music and Art.
- The outdoor play area has gardening plots as well as equipment for young children.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||118 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Blue Pants and White top)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost depends on program selected and varies from $350 to $855 per month|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jeanette Lynam|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Computers, Dance, Gymnastics, Music, Spanish, Yoga, taekwondo Computers, Dance, Gymnastics, Music, Spanish, Yoga, taekwondo,|
- Bloomfield Maples Montessori, established in 1983, has been leading Education and Creativity for over 30 years. Located on nearly three wooded acres in West Bloomfield, the campus provides a beautiful setting that fosters exploration, curiosity and enjoyment. The school philosophy is based on a strong commitment to the principles of respect, integrity, academic excellence and peace education. Each classroom provides a specially prepared environment offering a Montessori program that adheres to Dr. Maria Montessori`s principles of "following the child." The program is tailored to each student`s individual learning style, moving at a natural course of development. Specially designed manipulative materials in a highly academic environment motivate the children to learn. Under the guidance of experienced teachers certified by the American Montessori Society with competent support staff the students in Montessori classrooms learn through self-directed discovery, cultivating concentration, self-discipline and a love of learning.We offer a Toddler Program for students 18 month to three years. Children at this age are enthusiastically seeking out knowledge, and learn quickly and naturally. The furniture and materials are toddler sized, enhancing the freedom to learn. Our curriculum is designed to nurture cognitive development, speech and language, strengthen gross motor and fine motor skills, introduce grace and courtesy lessons, and promote independence. Explosion of language is the hallmark of the toddler years with pre-reading activities along with daily conversation. We offer a safe, warm and loving atmosphere with the emotional needs of the child given a priority. Our classroom has a 4 to 1 student/teacher ratio with a maximum of 12 students.We offer three Pre-Primary Classrooms for children ages three through kindergarten. Our teachers are specially trained to offer guidance to materials and lessons that will allow the mixed age group of students to learn independently and at "their own pace". Our classrooms are divided into areas to enhance development of fine motor skills, language development and reading, a deep foundation in mathematics, refinement of the senses and a strong commitment to cultural studies. Science through hands on experiments, life cycles and care of plants and animals are integral to our classes. We also offer an enhanced creative program with a special music teacher. Music appreciation with the use of instruments, singing and movement and Montessori bell materials is encouraged. Spanish is offered as a second language to all students with an authentic Spanish teacher. Physical health is a regular part of the week with gym and daily outdoor time. Through the three year process encompassing kindergarten, students develop a strong foundation in academics and acquire leadership qualities. Our classrooms typically have an 8 to 1 student/teacher ratio. Beyond the regular day we also offer enrichment classes of Yoga, Dance, Computers Taekwondo and Gymnastics. Students also experience in-house and local off-site field trips to enhance the learning in the classroom.Summer Camp: Our extended school year option is flexible to families and their summer vacation plans. Parents may sign up for as little as one week or for the full session. Discover Montessori
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Walled LakeGrades: NS-5 | 92 students
8605 Richardson Road
Walled Lake, MI 48390
Farmington HillsGrades: PK-KG | 48 students
32175 Folsom Rd
Farmington Hills, MI 48336
NoviGrades: K | 59 students
42800 W 13 Mile Rd
Novi, MI 48377
NoviGrades: NS-K | 70 students
23835 Novi Rd
Novi, MI 48375
West BloomfieldGrades: PK-5 | 97 students
2965 Walnut Lake Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48323
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?