Bloomington Montessori School
Tel: (812) 336-2800
- Bloomington Montessori School is a privately funded, not-for-profit school for children ages 3 to 12, preschool through Grade 6.
- The school was founded in 1968, by a group of parents who wanted Montessori education for their children.
- The school moved to its present location in 1983 and was expanded in 2004.
- The building was specially designed to suit the needs of children learning in a Montessori environment.
- The Montessori method includes the use of a wide range of specially designed teaching materials which form part of a "prepared environment," to enable children to learn individually, at their own pace, in a non-competitive atmosphere.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||205 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Martinsville Grades: PK-K | 21 students
590 E Morgan St
Martinsville, IN 46151
(765) 349-7224 20.2 PK-K
- Bloomington Grades: PK-8 | 423 students
2224 E 3rd St
Bloomington, IN 47401
(812) 336-5853 1.5 PK-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?