Born Learners School
- Born Learners school encourages our students to accomplish for themselves.
- They learn to do and undo their thermoses, open and close their lunch pails seemingly small efforts but large in terms of a child.
- We also encourage students to 'use words' to make their needs and feelings known.
- We teach the children a three-step problem-solving technique in order for them to settle disagreements amongst themselves.
- We believe an adult is necessary as a facilitator but not always required as the final problem-solver.
- If children feel competent in coping with their environment at an early age, they gain the confidence necessary for coping at a later stage.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||11 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.