Boulder Knoll Montessori School
Boulder Knoll Montessori School Photo #2 - Bottling maple syrup made from sap collected by the children. We also bake bread and make waffles from scratch!
- Boulder Knoll Montessori School is a private Montessori based Early Childhood Center, serving children ages 3-6 and their families.
- Its mission is to provide a safe, welcoming and loving environment, which nurtures the development of the whole child, and which cultivates a child`s independence and innate desire to learn. At Boulder Knoll Montessori School, children of all abilities are encouraged and supported as they explore the world around them, and grow intellectually, emotionally, socially, morally and physically. Families with children at Boulder Knoll are supported as they develop parenting skills and family-school collaboration ensures the needs of the child are met at home and at school.
- Boulder Knoll Montessori strives to meet the needs of children and families, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or family structure.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Boulder Knoll Montessori makes decisions regarding the incoming class after current student reenrollment in January. As date of application is one factor in our decisions regarding admission, and as we are a small school with less than 10 openings for new students annually, we highly recommend that families apply early. Many of our families complete the application process two years before their child is ready to attend our school.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Meriden Grades: NS | 40 students
20 South Broad Terrace
Meriden, CT 06450
(203)686-1586 4.4 NS
- Wallingford Grades: PK-K | 75 students
911 N Farms Rd
Wallingford, CT 06492
(203)269-2266 4.6 PK-K
- Wallingford Grades: K-12 | 50 students
161 S Whittlesey Ave
Wallingford, CT 06492
(203)265-7170 2.8 K-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.