Brazosport Christian School
Brazosport Christian School serves 284 students in grades Prekindergarten-12 and is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the Other school association(s).
The student:teacher of Brazosport Christian School is 14:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Christian.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||284 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Average SAT score||1135|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,140|
|Tuition Notes||Additional Fees Per Student: Application: $100.00 Registration: $200.00Enrollment fees differ depending on the grade.|
|Admissions Director||Jordan Mather|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Golf, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||ACSI / TAPPS Speech Competitions, National Honor Society, Student Leadership Institute, TAPPS Academic Competition|
Arts and Music Programs:
Band/Orchestra/Drum Line, Choir
- Brazosport Christian School provides families academic excellence with a Biblical worldview and equips students with qualities of knowledge, character and leadership to the glory of God. It is the vision of Brazosport Christian School to grow and to develop into a vital part of the local and worldwide Christian Community by developing academically skilled students who are equipped with a Biblical worldview, thus able to accomplish God`s purposes. BCS was incorporated in 1980 by local families who had been praying for a Christian school. 92 students, in kindergarten through 6th grade, and a faculty of 12, began meeting in classrooms at First Baptist Church in Lake Jackson on August 19, 1980. By 1992 the school served preschool through 12th grade. In August 1994, BCS opened its new classroom building on Willow Drive for the 6th through 12th grades. As more classes moved to the new building, the need for more room became apparent. By 1998 all classes were under one roof and construction had begun on a new multipurpose building that would include a gymnasium and classrooms. In March 2001, secondary academic classes moved into the new building and the gym was opened for business. Today the school serves 227 students representing over 150 families. As an independent and non-denominational school, over 40 different area churches are represented within the school`s families.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Columbia Grades: PK-12 | 106 students
725 West Brazos Ave
West Columbia, TX 77486
(979) 345-2434 15.6 PK-12
- Angleton Grades: PK-K | 102 students
227 S Chenango St
Angleton, TX 77515
(979) 849-4602 8.6 PK-K
- Houston Grades: PK-K | 118 students
15500 El Camino Real
Houston, TX 77062
(281) 486-0337 40.2 PK-K
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.