Arcadia First Baptist Christian School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The Bible teaches us that all learning, knowledge, and wisdom begins with a holy reverence for God (Proverbs 9:10).
- As we reverence God, we begin to learn about God's creation around us and His plan for our lives.
- God created us to be learners. The Bible encourages us to always be learning and growing in our knowledge and wisdom.
- The Arcadia First Baptist Christian School seeks to advance learning, knowledge, and wisdom as we instill Christian values and academic excellence into the lives of our students.
- What a great joy it is for us here at AFBCS to seek to present Jesus Christ to students so that they may be drawn to Him through ministry, discipleship, and education and to encourage them through fellowship in Christ.
- We take this responsibility very seriously and look forward to what God is going to do through us and with us to advance His kingdom through the Arcadia First Baptist Christian School. Dr. Rick Smith, Senior Pastor, Administrator/Principal.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-10|
|Total Students||325 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,700|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten through 5th grade is 4700 per year. 6th grade and up is 5500 per year. Tuition may be divided into 12 payments if you begin your payments in June and end in May.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Julie Beanland|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Drill Team, Golf, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Drill Team,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Piano, Voice Piano, Voice,|
- We have certified teachers for K and up. AFBCS is adding a grade each year up through the 12th grade. We also offer volleyball, basketball, softball, baseball, cheer, drill team, golf, band, and vocal competition prep. We currently offer voice lessons and piano lessons after school.
Profile last updated: 01/31/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- DickinsonGrades: PK-12 | 246 students
705 FM 517 E
Dickinson, TX 77539
- AlvinGrades: PK-12 | 212 students
1407 Victory Lane
Alvin, TX 77511
- HitchcockGrades: PK-6 | 65 students
10114 Highway 6
Hitchcock, TX 77563
AFBCS has been a blessing it is a very challenging school which is great i believe the teachers and pastor are in it for the students because they are on every aspect of the childs education they will tell you if your child is prepared or needs more help my son loves the school they handle problems quickly with discretion your child has to put forth the effort 100% and so do the parents i have never been happier because i know my child is getting well educated i see it. Bullying is not tolerated the kids treat each other well and the teachers treat them well . The religious aspect is wonderful it teaches children to honor and respect everyone and God is a part of his schooling daily . I love that. I HAVE RECOMMENDED THIS SCHOOL a lot of times. The tuition is well worth the education my son is receiving as long as we can afford it i pray to see him graduate his senior year there. Amen
- Posted by Parent - portr
My son is accepted for 2015/2016 . So far we are beyond satisfied with the whole process. This school seems organized, immaculate, well run. The staff has been warm &welcoming. Teachers are very qualified & caring. We haven't even started the school year just tutoring. Can't wait to see how well my son does here. Well share an update review.
- Posted by Parent - jlizz
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.