Arcadia First Baptist Christian School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (409)925-2825 Ext. 2
- Instilling Christian Values and Academic Excellence. AFBCS seeks to advance learning, knowledge, and wisdom as we instill Christian values and academic excellence into the lives of our students.
- We take this responsibility very seriously and are thankful for each student with which God blesses us. We work hard to earn the trust of parents and families, believing that we are a team together in God`s plan to help raise up children in a healthy, productive and safe environment. Our purpose is to help students develop the necessary skills for success in finding God`s plan for their lives. We pray that the Lord will bless you as you seek Him and His plan for you.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||380 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||2020-2021 Tuition and Fees Annual Tuition and PaymentsK-5th grades – $5000 per student (K-5th grade siblings – $4800 annually)Jr. High & High School (6th -12th) – $5800 per student (High school siblings – $5500 annually)(Annual tuition is $5800 for high school students taking four or more classes.)Annual tuition may be paid in full by the first day of school or broken down into 12 monthly payments if the first tuition payment is begun on June 1, the last payment being due May 1 of the following year. AFBCS administration is happy to sit down with prospective families to work out a payment plan.Book Use Fee, Technology and Equipment Fee (PER STUDENT)K-3th grades – $315 per student4th and 5th Grades – $375 per student6-8th grades – $395 per studentHigh School – $450 per studentFees are due by May 1 (or at time of new student registration after May 1st). A $25 late fee will be assessed if book fee is paid after May 5.Other FeesApplication Fee – $50New Student Registration Fee – $165 (due immediately upon acceptance)Returning Student Registration Fee – $140 (if paid by March 15th. If paid after March 15th, fee goes up to $165 for returning students.)Withdrawal Fee – $350Mandatory Security Fee (due by Aug. 1) – $225 per child; $450 max per familyPLEASE NOTE: All fees are non-refundable.Athletic Sports FeesStudents are required to pay an Athletic Sports Fee for each sport played. This fee is due upon the first day of practice for each sport played. These fees help cover the costs of referees, uniforms, gas to out of town games and needed equipment.Girls Volleyball – $75, plus the cost of camp (camp dates and times TBA)Girls or Boys Basketball – $75 plus cost of camp (camp dates and time TBA)Girls Softball – $75Co-Ed Soccer – $75Golf – $75Track – $75Cross-Country – $75Baseball – $75Extra-Curricular FeesGirls Cheerleading – Uniform cost determined each new season. Required Cheer Camp – Camp Dates & Times TBA.Band – Student is responsible for purchasing or renting his or her own instrument.National Honor Society – $25 (Student requirements must be met for membership.)*For any questions, please call the school office at 409.925.2825, ext 2.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Julie Beanland|
|Admissions Associate||Katy Wheeler|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Honor Society, Robotics and Programming, Student Council
- Uphold and integrate Christian values in all aspects of the school including the curriculum, all classes, sports programs, trips and extracurricular activities.
- Lead students to trust Jesus Christ as Savior and to teach them to share Christ with others.
- Provide leadership training opportunities to the students in various ways.
- Maintain an atmosphere of Christian love. Students will be encouraged to have love and compassion for one another and for others. They will be given opportunities to express love by serving others.
- Provide activities and programs to promote healthy social and emotional development.
- Provide quality academic instruction that equips students to achieve their best potential.
- Provide opportunities for students to have a well-rounded education including programs for physical education, music, and art.
- Teach students in loving ways how to be orderly and well disciplined.
- Teach Christian citizenship in a free society with a democratic republic form of government.
- Provide Christian role models for students by employing born-again teachers.
- Provide for proper care of equipment and facilities to exemplify good stewardship and also to promote health and safety.
- Teach Christian principles for daily living through the curriculum, Bible classes, chapel programs, scripture memory, extracurricular activities, and mentoring.
- Develop a plan for regular evaluation and review of all program components of the school.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hitchcock Grades: PK-6 | 80 students
10114 Highway 6
Hitchcock, TX 77563
(409)925-3224 5 PK-6
- Alvin Grades: PK-12 | 181 students
1407 Victory Lane
Alvin, TX 77511
(281)331-0086 7.8 PK-12
- League City Grades: 6-12 | 67 students
1150 Devereux Dr
League City, TX 77573
(281)335-1000 8.4 6-12
AFBCS has been a blessing it is a very challenging school which is great i believe the teachers and pastor are in it for the students because they are on every aspect of the childs education they will tell you if your child is prepared or needs more help my son loves the school they handle problems quickly with discretion your child has to put forth the effort 100% and so do the parents i have never been happier because i know my child is getting well educated i see it. Bullying is not tolerated the kids treat each other well and the teachers treat them well . The religious aspect is wonderful it teaches children to honor and respect everyone and God is a part of his schooling daily . I love that. I HAVE RECOMMENDED THIS SCHOOL a lot of times. The tuition is well worth the education my son is receiving as long as we can afford it i pray to see him graduate his senior year there. Amen
- Posted by Parent - portr
My son is accepted for 2015/2016 . So far we are beyond satisfied with the whole process. This school seems organized, immaculate, well run. The staff has been warm &welcoming. Teachers are very qualified & caring. We haven't even started the school year just tutoring. Can't wait to see how well my son does here. Well share an update review.
- Posted by Parent - jlizz
Nearby Homes for Sale
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.